I was anxious to get to our appointment because it was so hard to not know what was wrong with our baby. After looking at her, the doctor there thought she would need a CT scan, but it couldn't be done until later that week. She would have to be sedated to have the scan done because she has to lie very still for it. I brought up my worries about how fast it had been growing and whether waiting would cause any damage to her hearing or facial nerves. The doctor suggested that they admit her so they could do the CT first thing the next morning. I am so glad they did.
The news from then on kept going down hill. After the CT the next morning they told me that the growth was in her jaw bone. It was growing inside the bone and thinning the edges. They wanted to do a biopsy the next day. Mike had been traveling for work, but they sent him home that night. Thank goodness he got to be there when the did the biopsy!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.