Wow...it has been almost a month since I last posted an update. I have just been busy...doing Christmas stuff and baby stuff. It has made the days just fly by. I got the baby's room and crib painted now, so I feel like we are somewhat ready. I was having contractions a lot right up until the doctor said it was safe to have the baby any time...and now I haven't really had any. I bet the baby comes a little early though. She's not due until Jan. 3rd, but I'm hoping we make it until after Christmas...at least not ON Christmas! The girls want the baby to come after Christmas.
Those girls are very excited for Christmas this year. We've been having a lot of fun because I made a neat countdown calendar this year. Each day we have one activity to do together...like making crafts or visiting friends...or having cocoa and reading stories. They love it and it makes me take the time to do something special everyday. It is my new favorite holiday tradition. Last week we had a bunch of friends over and all the kids decorated ornaments that we then took over to a retirement home and gave them away to the residents. They all loved that. Then, last Saturday I had some girl friends over for a little party and we had so much fun playing games.
Mike's been playing soccer for our church team that he started on Friday nights. He loves it. He's also started helping out with our church's youth group by operating their computer slide shows and making them a website.
I'm pretty much done with preparing for Christmas now. Now I just have to wait and see when this baby is going to be born. Things are really simple around here for Christmas and I love it. We have some fun activities planned for this weekend and next week because Mike took a few days off. It should be a fun week or so for us.
The girls got the flu bug this week. It didn't hit them very hard though. It was a sore throat and fever that wiped them out, but only about a day each. Hopefully they'll both be fully recovered by tomorrow. I'm praying that Mike and I don't get it...wouldn't that be horrible to go into labor while you had the flu? The cousins all went through this. That's okay because the girls haven't been sick in such a long time...I knew it was bound to happen sooner or later. We just had a relax two days sitting around watching videos. It made us all slow down.
Kelby and Tegan are such sweet girls. They really hardly ever need to get in trouble. Tegan is talking like crazy...and it is funny the things she says. Kelby is such a big girl these days. She wants a "talking horse" from Santa...we saw some at Costco. I'm sure that he'll find her deserving. When I ask Tegan what she wants from Santa...all she says is "presents." Well, I'll get some pictures up for you finally!
Love to you all. I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas! I'm sure we are bound to..and I'll let you all know as we know more about that baby.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.