Tuesday, March 9, 2004

Mike Added Video!

Mike has a sneaky way of adding a video now and then. He just made a REALLY cute one, so check it out.

We are doing better these days. After Kebly and I got sick, Anika got it. I took her into the doctor and they were worried about her cough. She ended up having RSV which can be bad in babies with low immune systems, but she did fine. She is much better now. While she was sick she was such an easy baby. I was worried if she was getting enough to eat, but other than that it was much more relaxing. She seems to have found a grove now. She has a pretty good schedule. Her only difficulty now is that she really really wants to suck her thumb, but she also can't sleep unless she is swaddled very tightly. I've decided to half swaddle her now...with one arm sticking out. The thumb sucking frustrates her because she knows its there, but she can't quite get it. I imagine she'll figure it out soon.

We haven't really done much because we didn't want to infect anybody else's kids. The girls have been really good this last week. We went to the park today for a picnic. We didn't get to stay out too long because Anika didn't like the wind or sun much, but it was still nice. I got myself the coolest thing. It is a chair that is also a backpack. You can put a blanket and lunch in it and when you get there you have a chair to sit in! It will come in very handy this summer for our park excursions. The weather has been nice the last few days. Maybe we'll get outside more often. I'm going to build the girls a sandbox under the slide platform of their swing set. They LOVE the sand, but all they have right now is the turtle. It gets full of water when we accidently leave the lid off (all the time) and it rains, so they never really get to play in it. This way the water will drain into the ground and it'll be dry more often.

I have a couple Stampin' Up! parties coming up this month...I know, I know...I told you all I was giving that up. But, I just enjoyed doing it so much. I've found myself a very simplified way to do it, so it doesn't stress me out or take too much time. It just makes me feel good to teach people and get out of the house now and then. I also have a talk to give next Friday. That is going to be a break out session at a Women's Conference put on by the Northwest Christian Speaker's Bureau that I am a part of. By the way, did I ever show you the cool webpage I made for them? Check it out at
nwspeakers.com. I already have that talk all written out so I just need to practice it. It seems that I feel so much happier when I do some of those things I like. I actually do more fun stuff with the girls when I have these things going on because I just feel so much better. So, just know that I am feeling much better now. I'm getting used to Anika and she's getting used to this outside world...and all is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...