Friday, November 13, 2009

Speaking of Christmas

I found this old draft that I forgot to post! It didn’t have any pictures, so I added some.

So, since Halloween I had only a couple things on my mind. Our November Ladies’ breakfast at church was on Saturday. I got to do a few fun things for that this month. I love making little gifties for the ladies. Since we had a bunch of clear ornaments left over from a Christmas event a few years ago, a couple friends and I glittered and decorated them to give out to each lady.

IMG_0668

Then I was a speaker that morning. I shared about “Not Spending More than you Have” at Christmas. It was about finances, but also time, physical and emotional energy that we over do during the holidays. It is always a lot of work to put together a talk like that, but this really reminded me that I enjoy it. It was nice because I felt like all the little pieces came together for me…by a little divine inspiration. It’s always nice when that happens! Although, I still stayed up until almost 3:00 am the night before for all my last minute preparation. Oops!

Since is was our “Holiday” Her Place I also put together little Christmas planners for each lady. I enjoyed every minute of the preparation and the morning of the event went fabulously. This has really become a neat opportunity for our church ladies. We are able to meet each other and get to know each other a little better. I think God is glorified in all the work that goes into it.

Besides that we’ve had a lot of Girl Scout stuff going on. I LOVE being a leader. It is SO rewarding. I love getting to know the girls and helping them to do things that make them proud of themselves.

IMG_0680 IMG_0678 IMG_0679

On Sunday we had an Investiture Ceremony that was put on by our Service Unit. All the troops came and each age group got to do a special part of the ceremony. It made their “investment’ or “rededication” into Girl Scouts a very special moment.

Our troop got asked by our school principal to do the flag ceremony for the Veteran’s day assembly on Tuesday. An older troop of girls came and taught my girls how to do the ceremony. For the assembly, they dressed up in their uniforms and did a real good job bringing in the flag and doing a closing ceremony. They were a little bit nervous beforehand. The WHOLE school saw them as Girl Scouts and they were so proud of themselves afterward. The girls wore their vests and looked sharp.

IMG_0687IMG_0691

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...