We continue counting down. It is almost here…I don’t think I’m ready!
Friday, December 18
On Friday I went in to volunteer at the school. I did a little copying for Kelby’s home room teacher and then went to help at Anika’s Christmas tea party. I was impressed her teacher had little tea cups for all of them.
That night the girls and I went to the school’s winter carnival. It was a very fun night, though there weren’t too many people there. The girls played games and won prizes. They even had a little train ride and cotton candy!
Saturday, December 19
On Saturday, we got up and let the girls open up their early present from Gramma Gigi. She had bought them Christmas dresses while she was here on her visit. They were so excited because they had been concerned about what they would be wearing to the Nutcracker that day.
We got all pretty, then headed down to Seattle. We thought we would have lots of extra time to look around the Seattle center, but we didn’t really have a lot of extra time.
The Nutcracker was great. The girls really enjoyed it. Anika was a little wiggly and sniffy. Kelby had been waiting so long to get to go. Her class went the week before and she didn’t go with them. All she wants for Christmas is a Nutcracker!
After the ballet, we walked around Seattle Center and found a carousel and an ice rink and other things to look at. Then we went and found some dinner. Fish and chips for me of course! I have to have that when I go to Seattle for some reason!
Sunday, December 20
After church we enjoyed a wonderful, peaceful afternoon. I watched “The Sound of Music” with the girls while Mike watched football. They didn’t remember ever seeing that movie, though I think they did. The DVD even has sing-a-long subtitles so you sing out loud with them! We even worked on a puzzle together too.
Anika in Sunday School
Monday, December 21
I can’t even remember what we did on Monday and that was only two days ago. All I know is that time was flying by. I’m sure it involved shopping, baking, and cleaning…oh yeah…cleaning! The girls also got to pick out an ornament each as their advent activity. They found angels at the dollar store, so they were very easy to please! Kelby got to go spend the night with a friend and Tegan had a friend over that night.
Tuesday, December 22
We did a lot of shopping on Tuesday. I got most of the groceries that I needed that afternoon. My dear friend Jennifer and her husband offered to come over to the house and watch the girls that evening so Mike and I could finish our stuff. I was so thankful. I don’t know how we would have finished everything without them! Their daughter is Tegan’s best friend. They even brought dinner for everyone. You can’t beat that in a friend now can you?!
Wednesday, December 23
We had a wonderful lunch with Great Grandma Wright, Debbie, Heather and her girls. Her place has a special dining room she can reserve for us all. It was Great Grampa’s birthday, so we thought it would be good to keep her company and bring some joy over. It was a very nice time.
We ran some errands after that. Doesn’t it just seem like errands can suck the life right out of you? Is it the traffic, or the many stops? Maybe it is the tired children or the desire to just be at home. I don’t know, but my day just disappeared.
That evening I finished up my last few “elf jobs” for the girls. I had hoped to get some things done for some friends, but I just didn’t do a good job of it. If you are my friend, just know that I love you and wish I could have done something nice for you. Thanks for loving me anyway!
Thursday, December 24th
We went sledding up on the ski mountain. We love this tradition. Last year, we didn’t get to go since there was so much snow on the ground down here. The day slipped by fast but it was a day all about family and not doing all the little tasks that steal that time. My favorite!
We even found a natural snow cave. The weather was perfect and we were sledding for hours. On the way home we had cocoa and ate our traditional cheese, sausage, crackers and mandarin oranges. It takes us about an hour and a half to get up there, but it is worth it! Mike has more pictures I can post later.
Merry Christmas!
If I don’t get anything posted for awhile, know that we are doing great and enjoying our family time. My mom and dad are coming in on Friday night, so we’ll have lots of fun. We wish you all a very merry Christmas!
God bless you all!
I GOT UP EARLY THIS MORNING AND I SURE WASN'T DISAPPOINTED...THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE AND THE PICTURES...MICHAEL HAD FOUR OF THE MOST BEAUTIFUL GIRLS IN THE WORLD ON HIS ARM FOR THE NUTCRACKER...AND HE ISN'T SO BAD HIMSELF:) MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL OF YOU; WE ARE SO THANKFUL WE HAVE YOU IN OUR LIVES. HUGS TO ALL OF YOU.
ReplyDeleteHAPPY 5TH BIRTHDAY SWEET ANIKA:) WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH...HAVE A WONDERFUL, FUN DAY. HUGS FROM BOTH OF US.
ReplyDeleteWE LOVE LOVE LOVE ALL THE BEAUTIFUL PICTURES. THANKS SO MUCH FOR SHARING ALL THE GOOD TIMES WITH US. WE LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.
ReplyDelete