Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Not much happening

Well, I’m so thankful that December is over. It was a good month, just a busy one. I’m so happy to be settling into a new grove once again. I have even been tinkering in my craft room and that brings me great pleasure.

I finished converting our ladies’ ministries’ website to a new format. I taught myself how to build Joomla sites. I LOVE this new way of doing websites because while it takes a while to set up, the upkeep is really easy and I can add all kinds of useful tools like event registration,  calendars, and the ability to send newsletters. I can even allow others access to login and change content. They don’t need to have fancy web skills to change the content. Check out the new site at www.hisplaceladies.com. I didn’t design the layout/color scheme, only the logo. The rest of it is a “theme”. If anyone wants to pay me to build a site, I think I could pull it off now with these new “skillz".

image 

I’m still up to Girl Scout stuff. We’ve had a couple meetings this month and a special swim party for Sedro-Woolley troops.

IMG_1551 

IMG_1548

The Kelby and Tegan loved it, but Anika didn’t get to go. She had an icky bug with a fever. She had to miss three days of school and is still coughing. No one else has gotten, thank goodness. I wonder if it wasn’t the same bug we all had before.

Of course we are trying to sell our Girl Scout cookies. I’m trying harder to sell more this year since I’m a troop leader and I see how much we need the money to do cool stuff with our troop.

cookie time

Other than that, there isn’t anything exciting. Just regular life, which is actually super exciting to me. I’m laying low and relaxing. I’m even reading lots of books and magazines. Peaceful and content times for us here. The weather has even been terrific.

The tragedy of Haiti has us counting our many blessings and wishing we could do something to help.

1 comment:

  1. THANKS FOR THE UPDATE AND PICTURES...YOU ARE SOOO TALENTED...MUST HAVE GOTTEN THAT FROM ME:) HOPE ANIKA GETS TO FEELING BETTER....GIVE HER A SPECIAL HUG FOR US. WE LOVE YOU ALL; STAY DRY!!! LOVE YOU ALL.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...