Tuesday, February 5, 2002

Happy February! I can't believe it is already a new month. I haven't written because we have been a big mess around here. Kelby had a bug on Thursday. I think that probably contributed to the throwing up she did after her scans. She got a bad case of diarrhea. That was challenging enough, but Tegan started throwing up on Saturday. By Sunday, Kelby was better, but Tegan was miserable. She had diarrhea too. I thought she was getting in enough fluids, but by Monday morning Tegan was looking really bad. I took her into the doctor and she had lost two pounds since her last well baby check up. Before her appointment she had drank about 12 ounces, so they decided that she was over the hump and weren't too worried about her. They gave me a recipe for a rehydration fluid (like Pedilyte) and Tegan drank a ton of that all day yesterday. She is looking so much better today, though she is still a little tired. So, I didn't get any pictures taken or anything since we have been pretty miserable since I last wrote.

Kelby's doctor called on Friday and said that the radiologist said the bone scans looked good. The radiologist hadn't looked at the CT scan yet, but our doctor said that they looked good to him. He said that he saw a ton of gas in her colon...that must have been the bug that she had! Anyways, he said he'd call if the radiologist found anything different, but he hasn't called, so no news must be good news. It sounds like they'll do another set of scans at a year post transplant because that is a big milestone.

We'll probably have a lazy week until everyone is feeling good again. Mike and I didn't get this flu bug, so that was good. I have about had it with the family being sick all the time and being stuck in the house. I am really stir crazy now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...