Friday, February 28, 2003

Long Time, No Wright :)

Well, my days have been flying by. I noticed when I sat down to update the website today, that I never uploaded my update from February 18 (so go back and read it now)! Oops. I'm sure you've been wondering where we've been. The girls and Michael had been suffering from a sore throat/cough. I think they are all better now. I never got it.

We went flying kites on Sunday afternoon. It is so much fun to spend time together like that. Kelby even had her own kite to fly. On Sunday night, we had Mike's parents over for dinner to celebrate his birthday. His birthday was on Monday. It was a nice day. He didn't have to work because his boss gives them the day off for their birthday. So, we went to the zoo. It was a beautiful day...especially when we stayed in the sun.

I can't say that much else is going on these days. The girls are ever growing. They are both going through a naughty stage right now. They got away with stuff while they were sick and think they still can. Also, they both need to learn to be nice to each other. It has been a big challenge for me lately. They go through stages which relate to my consistency with them. When I'm inconsistent, they test me more. It's time to get CONSISTENT with them again I guess. :)

Kelby's been really learning her letters well. She's learning the letter and the sound it makes at the same time. If I keep up with it, I think we could start working on reading small words. We've been using flash cards to teach the letters. She doesn't know them all yet, but she's working on it. I don't think we'll be sending her to pre-school next year. Instead, I'll "home-school" her. Pre-school is pretty expensive and according to some people, not very effective in "teaching" them. I think she gets enough social interaction already, so she won't be lacking there either. She is a smart kid and loves to do crafts. Today she used almost a whole tube of glitter to make a card!

Hopefully this weekend will be pretty restful. Next weekend we'll be watching a friend's little boy over night and two weekends from now I get to go to another 24-hour scrapbooking party! I can't wait!

I hope that everyone out there is doing as well as we are. Things are just great these days. I wish I could remember to update more often...because by the time I sit down to write, I can't remember what we've been doing. Oh well...you get the jist of it.

http://perpetuallywright.com/updates/2003/FebruaryPhotos/Feb28001.JPG

http://perpetuallywright.com/updates/2003/FebruaryPhotos/Feb28007.JPG

http://perpetuallywright.com/updates/2003/FebruaryPhotos/Feb28005.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...