This week has just gone by like crazy. I was thinking about Kelby's birthday all week since it was on Friday. She turned four years old yesterday. We had a really great party for her and she was a happy girl! I had about 12 kids here and all their parents for ice cream sundaes. The kids all played in the pool. I put the little kiddie pool at the base of her slide, so it is a blast for them to slide down into the water. We could barely get Kelby out of the water long enough to eat cake and open her presents. We said a prayer of thanksgiving for another year for our sweet baby. I won't be able to keep the big party thing up every year though, because soon Tegan will start to notice. Remind me next year to keep it simple.
This whole week has been so much fun. We had some friends over on Monday. I get to watch a friend's kids once a week for the summer. It will be a little money for me and a lot of fun for my girls because they love to have these kids over. On Tuesday we went to a great park with the MOPS moms. This park as a sprinkler to play in, so Kelby was throughly soaked and after Tegan got used to the idea, she was too. Then on Wednesday I had to get my brakes fixed so I walked the kids home and back to get the car, but there was a park in between so we stopped both ways to play. The rest of Wednesday was spent sliding down the slide into the pool. On Thursday I had planned to take the girls to the beach, but it didn't work out so I took them to the park and pushed them until I was pooped. On Friday we finally did get to go to a beautiful beach and we played until I pulled them away to get naps before the big birthday party. Today we went up to the mountains and went fishing so Kelby could practice using her new fishing pole that she got for her birthday. We played in the sun all day and are throughly tired out. In fact I think I'll go straight to bed when I'm done writing this message. This week has made me remember the summers of my childhood being pooped out after swimming at Gramma's house all day long. I guess that is what summer is all about.
The only major bummer of this week is that somewhere between all the shopping and park going I lost my digital camera. I am so upset about it. I have no idea how it could have gotten lost. I keep it near me at all times. I keep hoping that it will show up around the house somewhere, but it hasn't yet. We really can't buy another one right now either because we both just had to get our brakes done on the cars and are $800 poorer for it! So, that means we may not have many pictures for awhile. I do have Kelby's camera that I was taking pictures with today. It takes pictures good enough for the website, but not good enough for making prints. My sister-in-law Heather took some pictures at Kelby's birthday party so I'll get those pictures from her and post them as soon as I get them.
I've been battling allergies lately. I am just not handling it well because nothing I take has helped. Mike usually has it worse than me, but I'm beating him this year. It must have something to do with being pregnant. I'll get what I can out of summer, but I bet I'm soon wishing for fall.
Saturday, June 28, 2003
Wow, We've Been Busy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.