Monday, July 19, 2004

Doing Great

We've been so busy these days, but we've had a great time. The weather's been hot here...at least hot for us. We don't have air conditioning, so we have to play in the kiddie pool with the girls.

The Fourth of July was fun for us. We went to the Sedro Woolley parade. It is a great parade and the girls got a ton of candy. Then we came home and relaxed in the pool. Then in the evening we let of some fireworks. The girls just had a "blast". Oops, that was a pretty cheesy pun.

Kelby has been doing great. She went to an all-day day camp at church this last week. They started at 9:00 am and went to about 4:00 in the afternoon. She was exhausted, but so were rest of the kids. It was vacation bible school with added field trips. The first day they got to go swimming. Kelby learned how to swim all around the pool with a lifejacket on. She LOVES the water now. I'll have to take her back to the pool this week. Tuesday they went to a pony farm and rode the ponies. I sent a disposable camera with her and her teachers took some pictures. I can't wait to get them back. Wednesday was beach day, Thursday the "Reptile Man" came and let them touch snakes and things, and Friday they played in a bouncey house. That was all topped off with a program where the kids sang their songs to the parents. It is so precious and special to see Kelby up there singing. It makes me cry. Later Kelby asked, "Did I sing good?" "You sang great!", I said. "Did I make you cry?" (Either she had seen my tears or she just knows I cry everytime she's up on stage.) "Yes" "Did I sing TOO good?" "Yes honey, you sang TOO good."

It was a busy week, but it was good practice for her (and me) for kindergarten coming up in September. I can't believe she'll start school this year. At least it isn't full days yet.

Tegan missed her sister, but did pretty well on her own. We had some friends over, but mostly she kept herself busy and happy. Anika started getting up on her knees! She isn't going anywhere yet, but she wants too. She is already 6 1/2 months old. She is also sitting up for a long time now.

Our summer is flying by, but we are enjoying it. I hope you all are too. Kelby's next appointment is Monday, July 26th. I'll let you know how it goes.

Kelby celebrating her birthday at Red Robin.



Watching the 4th of July parade.



The girls stayed up late to watch Dad light fireworks.



Anika's up on her knees!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...