Thursday, July 1, 2004

Five Years Old

We just got done with Kelby's fourth birthday party....by fourth, I mean of course that she has actually had four parties! I guess if I didn't throw one great big wonderful party, we made up with shear number. Last Thursday we went to a friend's house for lunch and she turned it into a wonderful little party for Kelby. There were a bunch of friends there...and a trampoline, so she had a blast. Then we went to Montana and on Saturday had a family party with my family. Then after driving all night we ended up home at 10:00 in the morning on her actual birthday. We didn't want it to seem boring, so we had Great Gramma and Grampa Wright and Gramma and Grampa Wright come over and help us eat some free steaks Mike had. Then we celebrated that special birthday with candles nestled in an ice cream cone. Then, she never had a special birthday with the cousins, so I invited them out to the "Creek Park" for lunch and cake. The cousins had fun playing in the creek and chasing everyone while blowing their party "blowers" at everyone. It was a nice day. Kelby and Tegan were wiped-out by the time we made it home.

My reunion was great fun. Fun, in the sense that I got all dressed up and went out with my handsome husband while my kids were taken care of while we stayed the night at the hotel! We haven't done that in a while. I saw a few people I hadn't seen in a while. I was proud of myself for wearing a bright pink dress and being the only one to do so!

Kelby's so proud of being five now. She wants to make sure she lets everyone know. We went shopping yesterday because she got some real money from Gigi and Papa. She couldn't wait to pick out something she wanted. We came home with a nice rubber lizard and a couple of plastic ponies. She has even more money to use another day. I think it made her feel so good to pick something out herself. Tegan hadn't spent her birthday money yet, so they both had fun. Tegan picked out a phone that makes noises and she always pretends she's talking to Andrea. (See Andrea, you had an impact on your little niece.)

We went down to Seattle to a doctor appointment on Tuesday. Dr. Park was impressed with Kelby's ability to move her arm so well already. That morning Kelby informed me that she could hold out her arm now. We don't have to go back for a month now. She'll have scans at the end of the August. Kelby's blood counts were fine, but a bit low so at her next appointment they'll check that again. If they go up and are fine, they'll do only scans. If the counts stay low they'll also do a bone marrow biopsy. That's all the medical news we have for now.

Life is simple again...that is if you call, going swimming in the backyard pool, visiting parks of all kinds, playing with friends, and being a normal kid simple! Of course it is simple...it is simply wonderful.

Our best Fourth of July wishes go out to you all. Please continue to pray for Kelby! Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...