| I went for a walk this evening...wow, I'm exhausted. I guess it's been a while since I exercised. Well, I have a whole week to get in shape before my reunion next Friday night. Ha, Ha...I don't really care about the reunion thing, but I do think that more exercise will make me feel better. I went out and bought clothes for Michael and I for next week. We'll be presentable. I'm just looking forward to the trip to Billings and seeing family...especially my brother and sister! We've had a great week and are looking forward to a nice week coming. I've a few things to get done before we leave town, but I'll try to let those girls enjoy the sun as much as we can. Life seems normal. And it is. I was talking to a lady on Friday night about how we have dealt with Kelby's stuff through her whole life...about how she had 6 months of harsh treatment, but otherwise we have kept her life as normal as possible...even after her relapse the first time and again now. She said, "She hasn't really lived the life of a sick kid then has she?" Wow, you know what? She really hasn't. That is awesome. Another kid in her situation could have been doing treatments for the last 2 years. Thank goodness we haven't had to go through that. We have been able to enjoy these years and hope to enjoy more to come. Kelby's birthday is next Sunday! She'll be five years old. It will be a bitter-sweet birthday for me. Before she relapsed I was amazed and excited that she would have made it until her fifth birthday! Now I am still amazed and excited, but I'm concerned about whether she'll make it until her sixth birthday which makes me a little sad. Mike had a good relaxing Father's Day. He took the girls to a movie. He wanted to get cool. It has been warm here...and remember...we don't have air conditioning! It is going to be another warm week to come. I hope you all have a great week! | Our Family I caught Tegan's "Grumpy" Face! Baby Anika |
Sunday, June 20, 2004
Hot, Fun Weekend
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.