I have a 27-hour scrapbooking event coming up and I can't wait. I'm sitting here wondering which pictures I should print and what events I should journal about...but I realized that I already have that done...right here on these websites of mine! My kids will never wonder what Mom was like when they were little. I found a letter my mom wrote when I was a baby. It is so weird to think that my mom was once in my position...and I was a pill to her! Oops. We don't appreciate our parents until we go through what they went through.
I can't remember what we have been up to...except we have been very happy and healthy. We are enjoying the cooler weather and school days. I don't have myself committed to very much, so I am just enjoying life. The girls enjoy riding bikes in the front yard. We have been meeting and enjoying our neighbors more these days. It helps that two of my friends moved into my neighborhood, but it also helps that Kelby is in public school. I joined the Parent Booster Club to help our school raise money. My goal is to help raise money for some new playground equipment. Kelby's school used to be a 5th and 6th grade school and changed to kindergarten through sixth grade. The playground equipment is old and sparse because it was meant for the older kids. I am attending our church's ladies' bible study which is really good...about the Fruits of the Spirit. Then there's MOPS...I wasn't going to be involved, but I decided to be a discussion group leader. That means I have a group of ladies to care for...a call now and then, a card here and there. I think I'll love it. Okay, so I guess I have committed myself to some stuff. Oh well...it is fun and makes me happy! I forgot that I am also helping to plan a Christmas event for ladies at our church. That will be so much fun!
Michael is playing soccer on Friday nights again. He really enjoys that. I took the girls to a Friday Family Night at the local YMCA a couple weeks ago. They got to do crafts, eat snacks, play gym games and go swimming! It was the first time the went swimming since we got back from Arizona. They loved it. I really ought to get a membership to the YMCA someday.
Last Saturday we went camping. It was a beautiful weekend, but it got cold at night. It was Anika's first camping trip and my only camping this summer. We had a great time enjoying the fire and camp foods. Kelby slept great and is a natural camper. She wanted to go "fishing" (casting) the whole time we were there. Tegan got a fishing pole this year too, but didn't enjoy it nearly as much as Kelby. Kelby's pole has a yellow plastic fish on it for casting (she's really good at it), but she pretends she really has a fish. Mike caught a fish once and it was really wiggly when he brought it in. After that Kelby would make her "fish" bounce up and down as she brought it to shore. Tegan wanted to go home all morning. She doesn't have as much insulation on her body, so she was cold. Anika didn't sleep well at all. I don't think Mike and I got much sleep because she would cry once an hour or so. I think she may have been uncomfortable or cold. She survived though. Next year she'll be walking, so it will be a whole new adventure.
Speaking of Anika...she is getting into trouble now. She always wants to get into things she's not supposed to...but who blames her? She has started standing herself up next to furniture! I need to capture that on video. I can't believe how much Anika looks like Kelby when she was a baby. Mike's been going through old home videos and it is amazing! They have the same temperament too I think.
Kelby started blowing bubbles with bubble gum. She is so proud of herself. Tegan tries, but blows her gum out on the floor where the dog gets it and eats it!
Kelby doesn't have to go down to the Oncologist now. We have our family doctor up here all set up to flush her port and draw blood. I'm thankful because he knows us well and cares a lot about Kelby. I don't have to feel lost in the system anymore. Plus, I don't have to drive to Seattle anymore and Kelby won't have to miss school!
I can't think of much else that is going on. All is well. Love goes out to you all! Thank you for your prayers.
Thursday, October 7, 2004
All Is Well
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.