Monday, August 15, 2005

Time Flies!

It's only been one and a half weeks since treatment and I can't even remember much from it. Time seems to be moving so slowly now. We haven't found our new routine yet and we'll have to find another one in just a couple weeks when school starts.

Kelby finished up her treatment with flying colors. She was playing in the pool everyday until she got an ear infection last week. The days that she didn't get to swim were cloudy anyway, so it worked out.

Mike's cousin got married last weekend, so the girls dressed up in the beautiful dresses that Gigi and Papa got them for their birthdays. They turned heads! Mike took video and has been working on making them a DVD of their wedding. He is really very talented!

We went camping again this weekend, but it was just too hot which made me grumpy. Ain't nobody happy when Mama ain't happy, so it was a little overwhelming. Actually, the girls seemed to have a good time even though I was too hot and tired. They played at the park and tried fishing a bit. They are happy with camping as long as there are marshmellows (shmarshsmellows) before bed.

It is so hard on me when Kelby gets sick...even when it is an ear infection and I know it is an ear infection, my mind starts to wander and worry. She was so exhausted and crying because of the pain. I guess it just makes it harder for me to pretend that everything is okay with her. Am I pretending? I am living on in hope and not exactly pretending, but that is still harder to do when she is sick. When I ask her how she is feeling and she's feeling well, she gets so annoyed with me. Her head falls back and she rolls her eyes; it's so funny.

We don't have any huge plans for the next week and a half. Staying home this weekend will be a nice change. Next Wednesday are Kelby's scans and my mom gets to come to town. I'm looking forward to her visit and so are the girls. We'll definitely have to get to some school shopping.

It's time again for me to get busy on the playground stuff. I understandably put it off over the summer. I've also tried to start writing a book, but haven't gotten very far yet. It will come in time. The ideas are percolating and will eventually pour out on to the paper, but it will take time (and I don't have much extra of that.) I always seem to find something to fill it with, though I need to take more time to visit with friends.

Keep praying for us as we approach those scans. They always make me nervous. I'll update again as soon as we know anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...