Well, the sun has finally arrived. It isn't too hot, but the bright light is bringing us much joy.
We've been busy this last week. We have taken to riding our bikes around town. On Thursday we went to the library and park after riding to the bank. On Friday we went "garage saleing" on our bikes. We found a couple garage sales, but only purchased a few stuffed animals.
I'm still working on the wallpaper in my bathroom. It is slow going. Plus, now I have to repair the wall and add some texture since there isn't any on the wall at all. I can't wait to finish the project, but don't really want to work on it...especially when it is nice outside.
On Saturday we went to the Berry Dairy Days run. Mike came in 5th overall in his race and got #1 in his age group. He did really well! Then the girls got to go over to their cousins for a birthday party of sorts. They stayed their all day while Michael and I ran errands...then came home to work on that bathroom.
There are usually brief periods each day while the girls go in the pool in the backyard. They don't usually stay in because they get so cold. On Sunday I sat outside and enjoyed the sun, taking a break from the bathroom.
Yesterday I had to do some work at the church, so the girls got to go to the pool there! Some friends joined us there. It was our first visit this season. They swam for 3 hours! They were so happy that they behaved the whole time we ran errands afterward. We try to fit everything in one visit when we go over to Burlington now to save gas.
Today we rode our bikes over to the library for their summer reading program. They had a magician there today. Then they played at the park. Right now they are listening to Peter Pan. I just found out our library subscribes to an audio book library! It is very cool and apparently very entertaining to them because they are quietly listening!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.