Sunday, September 7, 2008

School Started

School started this week and I'm really excited about it. We've just had so much fun this summer that I'm pooped and ready to slow down again. Kelby's in the 4th grade and her teacher's name is Mrs. Fox. She is a great lady that goes above and beyond for her students. She even called home to all of them the first day of school. I was excited Kelby got her. She has been involved in the parents group the last two years. Kelby is going to do well in her class. There are a lot of neat kids in her class too. Tegan is in the 2nd/3rd grade split class with Mrs. Ambrose. Since she is ahead of a lot of kids in reading, she'll do great in there. She's got a couple friends in there with her too, though she'll miss having her best friend Alaina in her class. Both girls really like school so far. Anika gets to start preschool on September 22nd. She is so excited. She wants to eat lunch at school, but I had to tell her she'll have to wait two more years for that...but she can have a backpack. She'll go on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:05 to 11:55. I'm going to use Monday to get my household and Ladies' Ministries on track and I'm going to volunteer at the other girls' school on Wednesdays. Anika won't have to be dragged along to the school to volunteer anymore! I love the new routine of fall! I decided I need to organize a bunch of stuff around the house. I guess it should be called "fall cleaning" instead of spring cleaning. I needed a space of my own where I could have all the things I work on all in one area. So my big project was to take over the office closet and make it my desk. It had been the home for a bunch of junk and the girls' computer. So we kicked them out of the office and put their computer in the family room. I put up shelves and a desk that fill the full length in the closet and painted it cute. I've now got all my files and books and writing stuff all in one place. It took awhile and there is still work to do, but I love it. I also finished our master bathroom this week. I washed on a light yellow over the hideous dark yellow I had before and now it is a pretty tuscan look. I put up a tile backsplash and recaulked everything. Now I just need to clean it and it will be beautiful! The next project will be painting my interior trim white, but that's a big one and I'll rest for awhile before I start that one! We had so much fun this summer that I saved all the projects for the fall. On Saturday I got to go to the ladies' church breakfast. It was a nice morning, but I worked hard. I got to share an organization workshop with some gals, so that was fun. Mike took the girls to the zoo while I was there, so when I was done I had a couple hours to mess around on my own. Then we went out to dinner at Red Robin that night. Mike got me a huge cake from Costco...it was yummy, but we'll be having cake for weeks! Yesterday Mike ran in the Skagit Flats half marathon. The girls and I went over to meet him at the finish line and take pictures. Then we went to church and came home work on all those projects of mine! This week should be more easy going for me. I've got to get ready for my mommy to come and visit. Kelby has to get her "appliance" put in at the orthodontist down at Children's tomorrow afternoon. I'll have to take her out of school for that, but it should be a fairly easy appointment. We get to got to a concert with the whole family on Friday night, so that should be a fun adventure. Then my mom comes to town! We are all looking forward to it. I'll get pictures up soon. Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...