Saturday, March 28, 2009

Going to Arizona

We are so excited because we get to go visit my family in Arizona! We’ll get to see my mom and dad, my sister and her family and my grandparents. The girls are really looking forward to the trip (though I don’t think they remember how long we have to drive.) I have been looking forward to another road trip.

I spent this week trying to make sure we were ready. I hope we have everything we need. We had to pull out the summer clothes…and buy some new summer stuff. At least we’ll be ahead for our summer!

I can’t believe that there is just two and a half months left before summer. The years are flying by so fast now. Life has just been passing me by lately and I can’t quite get my bearings.

While I was sick I was having feverish nightmares about an event we had planned at church. It was going to be a great luncheon and fashion show, but I realized I had bitten off more than I could chew. We were missing a “coordinator” for the event and I thought I could carry the weight, but realized I couldn’t! I had to let the other ladies on our ministry team know that we could not go through with it unless we found that person. We never found a coordinator, so we had to cancel it. In the end, I think everyone was relieved, but it was still sad to give up on a neat special event.

Right now I need to focus on the position I am doing for ladies’ ministries and quit trying to do a little bit of everything. Since I am planning to transition out of this position this summer, I have to work on simplifying this it so it is easier for the next person. I have a lot of loose strings to tie up before I am done, but I am also looking forward to a new season.

Anika starts kindergarten starting this fall, so that will change things for me. I am reading up on writing and I really want to try to write some freelance articles. I have some ideas,  but no time to work on them.

The other thing that I want to spend my time on is a few house projects. I am enjoying the results of the painted white trim. The office is done and the kitchen and hallway are primed. When we get back home I’ll get that project finished.

While Mike was gone I had a few friends over and that reminded me of another part of my life that I miss. I haven’t made any efforts to have friends over and it used to be a priority for me to have people over about once a week.

Nothing too exciting happened this week as we prepared for spring break, so I don’t have any pictures this time. I’ll take lots while we are in Arizona to make up for it!

1 comment:

  1. HAPPY SATURDAY AND WE CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!! HAVE A FUN AND SAFE TRIP AND WE WILL SEE YOU SOON:-) WE LOVE YOU ALL, HUGS FROM BOTH OF US.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...