Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May Day

I posted this blog the other day and didn’t realize I posted it to my other “artsy” blog and not here. Oops. Here I thought I was on top of things.


I need to record here what, to me, is a great milestone in Kelby’s life. Last Sunday I taught Kelby how to fry an egg. She would always prefer an egg over cereal or oatmeal, but that wasn’t what I was making. So I said, “If you want to eat something different than everyone else you’re going to have to make it yourself.” She followed each step and was very proud of herself when she was done. After church  she wanted an egg for lunch and made it herself! A couple times this week she’s even made her egg. It is so weird…just a huge right of passage it seems. She’s growing up,  taking on responsibilities and learning…all this even on a gas stove! 

Our week was nice. On Monday evening we went out to the tulip fields. The weather has been pretty nice, so lots of people have been out there visiting the tulip fields.

IMG_4625

IMG_4633

We really live in a beautiful area. It is amazing how beautiful the canvas of nature can be sometimes.

IMG_4664Anika had a special program for preschool on Wednesday morning. She was so proud of herself. They sang some songs and told us what they like to do. Each kids told what the like to do. Anika said she likes “to do crafts with mommy and play hide and seek with daddy.”

IMG_4668 That afternoon I had to take Kelby back down to Children’s again for a dentist appointment. That tooth is really a problem. She has a lot of sensitivity in the tooth, so she doesn’t brush it well. I have been brushing it for her, but I hate doing that because it gives her so  much pain. It isn’t all better so we have to go back again to see the Periodontist again. He’ll look at the gums and tell us if he thinks a graft will help. I’m not sure what all that involves, but if he doesn’t think it will be worth it they may pull the tooth.

On Thursday we had Girl Scouts. The girls got to deliver early May Day bouquets to a retirement center. It was the same one we visit at Christmas. It was a nice gesture and I was impressed with how 28 girls did in that closed and quiet space!

IMG_4678

Saturday was my monthly ladies’ “brunch”. This time we did a tea party theme and several ladies each decorated a table. Mine had a book and flowers centerpiece. It was so fun. I took in my actual pretty tea cups and set the table very nicely for the ladies. We had a really great time.

 IMG_4708

We got to have some friends over for dinner  tonight. We had a great time playing games. They brought my new favorite game called “Ticket to Ride”. I really enjoy playing it, so we need to get our own so we can share it with other friends and family.

The weeks are speeding by incredibly fast. We have only a month and a half of school left now. It is speeding by like a whirlwind. This first week of May is always busy for me it seems. Friday is Tegan’s birthday, but at least I’ve been thinking ahead a little for that. We are keeping it pretty simple with a small slumber party with just a couple friends from school. This week is also teacher appreciation week. I don’t know what we are doing as a parent group for that, but I’m sure I should be in there helping them with that. Then, of course, it is Mother’s Day on Sunday. Maybe that means I’ll get to relax, but not before I take care our our mommy’s!

Don’t worry, I’m not stressin’. I’ll just go with the flow and see what happens. It always seems to work out that way.

3 comments:

  1. cute pic of the girls I'm so glad school is almost over yeah I can sleep in :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I WAS JUST GOING TO CALL TODAY TO FIND OUT WHAT WAS WRONG...THIS GREAT GRAMMA SURE MISSES HER UPDATES....THEY ARE LIKE A DRUG TO MAKE ME FEEL BETTER:-) THANKS SO MUCH...SOUNDS LIKE FUN IN SEDRO WOOLEY AND KELBY IS GETTING SO GROWN UP..TELL HER SHE CAN COOK ME AN EGG ANYTIME:-) SUCH CUTE PICTURES. WE MISS YOU GUYS. WE LOVE YOU ALL AND HUGS FROM BOTH OF US.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEGAN JOY!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND REMEMBER GIGI AND PAPA ARE THINKING OF YOU...WE LOVE YOU LOTS AND SENDING YOU A GREAT BIG HUG:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...