Friday, May 8, 2009

Tegan’s Birthday

Tegan is now eight years old. Weird really, watching the girls grow up so fast. We started the day off with a special donut for the birthday girl for breakfast.

IMG_4799Anika took pictures of the decorations and presents for us. She’s taken to taking pictures lately.

IMG_4805 IMG_4804

Kelby had another hobby fair at the school today. She made earrings and horse prints. She sold out pretty quick. Even the adults liked the earrings that she made!

IMG_4812 

The birthday party basically started right after school. She has three  friends to spend the night tonight. We picked a cupcake theme and we gave her a cupcake party kit as her present. I let her open that right away.

IMG_4815

I didn’t have to make any cake because that was their job! They mixed the batter and frosting and got the cupcakes ready to cook. It was really a lot of fun and I think they all enjoyed it.

IMG_4821

Then it was time for pizza, presents, eating the cupcakes, and now they are all watching the movie “Bolt”. I’m experiencing a sugar crash, so they must be going to experience that soon too! I’m sleepy.

 IMG_4829

IMG_4841

Tomorrow we have to cut the party short by 9:30 am. We are going to Build-a-Bear with the Girl Scout troop. The girls are very excited about everything happening this weekend.

I still don’t know for sure how we are celebrating with the rest of the family, but we might take and camp the tent trailer at Gramma’s house or have cupcakes after church on Sunday.

All that to say, it has been a busy week preparing for the hobby fair,  birthday, and Mother’s day. I had a lot of fun making things for Tegan’s goodie bags….all cupcake related. You can see them on my Smile On My Heart Art blog.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! I got one of those cake kits for my girls but we haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job kelby on the craft fair I wish we had that at our school happy 8th b-day teagan:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...