We had a nice weekend. I don’t know if I should tell you what a wonderful husband I have. I don’t want anyone to be jealous. Well, I’m sure your husbands all have hidden and special super powers too. Mine made me steak and lobster for dinner for Valentines. Yes, I said “made”…he cooked it all by himself and it was delicious! We celebrated the on Saturday and just sent the girls to bed early to watch a movie in their rooms. I’m a lucky girl. He also got me a new printer! How does he know me so well?!
On Saturday afternoon we celebrated my niece's 11th birthday. The girls played a new Wii game called “Just Dance”. Kelby was too shy, but Tegan loved it.
On Sunday our church had a “Sweetheart” Sunday. The message was really great for married folk. Women need love, men need respect. Give it a listen! I think some of the crowd (single, those whose spouse doesn’t or can’t attend church, or the widowed) might have felt a little left out because it was so focused on marriage, but it was a special morning for us. We even renewed our vows, which made me cry just a little. Sentimental, I guess.
We got to babysit the neighbor girls that afternoon. Savannah is always playing with the girls, but Audrey is only one year old. It was fun to see the “babysitter” in Tegan and Kelby begin to immerge. They both wanted to hold her the whole time. I admit she is pretty cute and easy going too.
Monday the girls didn’t have school so we went to “Jungle Playland”. They love that place and want to go all the time. I happened to have free tickets, so how could I say no? There’s slides and climbing things and a big maze. There were a million kids because of the holiday, but they seemed to have a good time.
Life seems to be full to the max…mostly in a good way. I am a busy mom, but keeping up with most things (except maybe our master bathroom!) I made a trip down to Seattle to go to Ikea last week and still need to put together my purchases for my bedroom. You can’t rush these things…right?!
The girls all made their own Valentines for their classrooms this year. They turned out great, but I didn’t even take a picture! I can’t believe that. It was a fun way to use up a lot of my scrapbooking supplies. I also sewed some cute gifts and forgot to take pictures of them too. That was really silly of me.
This weekend I’ll be camping…yes, in February! I have to do a Girl Scout training so I can take my troop camping this spring. It is going to be cold, but I’m up for the challenge!
It is almost time for the cookies to arrive, so we’ll be delivering our cookies and doing some site sales in the next couple weeks. Girl Scouts takes a lot of time, and I do procrastinate it a little bit, but I enjoy it. I think the girls have been getting a lot out of it too. Of all my endeavors, Mike likes my Girl Scout activity the most. It is very rewarding!
Kelby has to have a tooth pulled on Thursday, so pray strength and bravery for her please! Love to you all!
GOOD MORNING SHAWNA...I ALREADY KNEW YOU HAD A SPECIAL HUSBAND...BUT, HE HAS A VERY SPECIAL WIFE TOO!!! THAT IS WHAT REALLY COUNTS...MUTUAL ADMIRATION:) LOVE THE UPDATE AND THE PICTURES...THANKS FOR POSTING FOR US. WE LOVE YOU ALL AND HUGS FROM BOTH OF US.
ReplyDeleteAND, TELL KELBY WE WILL BE THINKING OF HER ON THURSDAY:)
ReplyDelete