Monday, November 15, 2010

Home Sick…

Well, after our busy, fun weekend last, everyone crashed. Anika continued to get better. Kelby did fine, but
Tegan stayed home Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with a high fever. Then, Mike got it and stayed home Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. My cold moved from my throat to my sinuses. Mike and Tegan are still fighting it though they were better enough with no fever to go to work and school.

IMG_0169

In the meantime, Anika lost another tooth. Now she really can sing “All I Want for Christmas”! She’s so cute.

IMG_0171

We had a busy day on Saturday. I was speaking at the Proverbs 31 University ladies brunch in LaConner in the morning. I spoke on our Little House trip and the perspective it gave me on all that we now have. It was a lot about thanksgiving. I am fascinated with some of the other resources I’ve gathered on Laura Ingalls Wilder. Did you know she wrote articles for a newspaper for years before she wrote her books? I’ll have to share with you some of her keen points someday.

The hall was beautifully decorated in a Little House theme. They had a cardboard covered wagon and an amazing campfire scene. Then on the stage they had these cute vignettes. They also made pulled molasses candy for everyone that was very tasty!

IMG_0174

After that we had Grampa Lohman’s wedding to attend. He and Mildred got married in a sweet little ceremony at 1:00. They don’t look too thrilled in this first picture, but I think it was just the nerves. They were delighted. Mike and Tegan couldn’t go because they didn’t want to spread their germs. Mike was so very bummed. Anika got to be one of many little flower girls.

IMG_0184

 

IMG_0188

 

IMG_0193 

After a quick trip to my favorite craft show of the season, we finally made it home and relaxed! I read almost a whole book on Saturday and Sunday. I did a little jig for having that retreat and the talk off my to do list!

Now, I need to get the laundry done and the house cleaned from top to bottom. It has been neglected a bit and is getting pretty shabby…so off I go to get the work done. Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...