Monday, November 8, 2010

Halloween to Hectic to Haven

We are home now from our mother/daughter retreat this weekend. I’m in bed and going to sleep soon so I can beat this bug that caught me. I got sick on Thursday, then it settled on my vocal chords so that I could barely talk all weekend. That was quite the challenge for being the event coordinator!

But, lets begin a couple weeks ago because I missed posting last week. On Sunday after our day of pumpkin hunting and games, the girls got right to carving their pumpkins. They did most of the work this year. The big girls even cut out their own faces.

IMG_0195  IMG_0199 IMG_0203

Then at our Girl Scout meeting that week the big Girls threw a party for the littler troop. We hung the decorations they made and played the games they decided to play. Then we gave out the favors they made too. It was a great little party. They loved wearing their costumes early.

IMG_0004

IMG_0013 IMG_0020 IMG_0042

I only had to make Anika’s costume this year because Andrea sent the ones for the big girls. What a great aunt and sister! They looked so cute as a senorita, geisha, and super Anika!

Anika had a party in her class that week, but the big girls didn’t get to celebrate in their classes.

 

IMG_0083

They had a half day and two full days off from school last week for conferences. Everyone is doing really great in their classes!

On Halloween we played it cool until after a Seahawks football game. Then we went over to visit Grampa Lohman and his fiancé. Even Michael and I wore our super hero gear! Then we stopped by Debbie and George’s where we trick-or-treated for chili!

IMG_0006 IMG_0008 IMG_0023 IMG_0026

Then we went to a church in town that hosted a “Trunk or Treat”. Here was the most creative, though disgusting car…

IMG_0036

It was filled with some sort of hard jello and then the kids had to get the candy with their mouths! Ewww!

After that they did a little Trick-or-Treating around the neighborhood. There seemed to be way more kids than we usually have this year.

My baby made a big step last week. On Wednesday, she pulled out a front tooth. I’m really sad about it this time because  I know that means her sweet baby face is going to change for good and she’ll start really seeming grown up.

So, here’s where we get to the grand finale. All week…well really all month and before I’ve been working on this Girl Scout Mother/Daughter retreat…then on the Thursday before I got sick! I couldn’t believe it. Then I had to hobble through those last preparations and somehow, someway find our way down to the Girl Scout camp near Carnation. I couldn’t bail…I had the whole thing packed in my car and no one else knew the full plan.

On Friday I actually felt pretty good, so it was just fine. The weather was rainy so that was a bit of a disappointment. I didn’t realize all the dynamics of checking people into a camp in the dark that was 1 1/2 hours from home that very few had ever attended before. It was tricky. I sat in the rain for 1 1/2 hours on Friday evening to do it.

On Saturday morning, I had no voice. Oops. It didn’t matter. I felt good, so we just trucked along. We had crafts and play time. We even ventured out into the rain to explore the camp. I took some moms and girls geocaching around camp too. It was a lot of fun.

Here’s Anika in the bunk room.

IMG_0063

Going for a hike in the rain.

IMG_0073

Kelby and I made a modeling clay in the kitchen.

IMG_0083

Out seeking a geocache.
 IMG_0086

Found it!

IMG_0088

This is the main room for eating and activities.

IMG_0116

Sing-a-long time with the other cabin.

IMG_0122

Spa time!

 IMG_0148

Did their nails.

IMG_0145

On the last morning we did a great little ceremony. Each mom and daughter lit a candle for each other and then they told something they loved or respected about one another. It was special and even a tear jerker. I don’t have a picture of me and the girls doing it, but I know a friend got one. This is Tegan’s friend Zoe and her mom.

IMG_0159

Then we had to get packed up and cleaned up to go. We got in one more short hike on Sunday. I LOVE this picture!

IMG_0167

We are home and now Tegan is sick too. We’ll mend this week. The girls have another half day Wednesday and two full days off on Thursday and Friday again…lucky ducks! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...