Thursday, December 16, 2010

Baking, Shopping, and Crafting

Monday - Christmas Tea Party Here’s one of our favorite fun advent activities. We’ve been baking a little bit here and a little bit there so that we’d have goodies to eat at our tea. We had fudge, spritz cookies, and little chocolate pretzel bites, plus some cheese and crackers to round it out. The girls think it is funny when I try to talk in my fake English accent!

  IMG_0362

TuesdayGirl Scouts

At Girl Scouts this week Anika got a few new badges. The girls made some ornaments to keep and some to give away at the retirement home we’ll be visiting next week.

IMG_0368

Wednesday – AWANA

All the girls have decided to go to AWANA now instead of Studio A they were attending at our old church. I was surprised they wanted to make the change, but I appreciate it because it is closer to take and pick them up for it. Anika is really good at getting her verses memorized and received her first award last week.

IMG_0383

ThursdayGingerbread

This year the gingerbread kit came with the house already put together. It only needed to be decorated. I think that next year we’ll try to make our own house from scratch…or let each girl make her own small one. We’ve out grown the kit I think.

IMG_0395

Friday

On Friday I spent the day helping the Proverbs 31 University people set up for their Christmas breakfast. They spend the whole day setting up including putting up a two story Christmas tree. It was a fun day. Then I had to come home and finish preparing for the workshop I’d be giving there the next day.

Saturday – Proverbs

The event was amazing and beautiful. The worship was fantastic and the message was a tear jerker…it was a fabulous morning. I was so happy because the workshop that I had planned went along perfectly with the main theme. I had the ladies each pick out a word for themselves for next year. “One Word” is better than choosing a resolution. It is a goal to shoot at and more specific, but you can’t fail…that means you won’t give up on it all together. Apparently the ladies loved my workshop! I was so thankful. I didn’t really work too furiously on it, so I wasn’t sure…but it was more a message from my heart and the words rolled out. It was better than last’s month’s “Little House” talk and worked really hard on that one.

IMG_0426

IMG_0431

There were over 125 ladies there!

Sunday – Football

After church we had a couple come over for food and football. The wife and I did some scrapbooking. I love having people over. It was a great time.

Monday – Catch Up

As always, Monday is cleaning day. I did laundry and all that stuff. I got all my Arizona gifts wrapped and ready to ship. Then, in the afternoon I took Tegan in for a follow up on her foot. It has plateaued now. She doesn’t seem to be improving anymore. So, the doctor gave her a walking cast and told us to come back again next week. Poor thing. I don’t know what she is going to do when we go sledding on Christmas Eve. I might end up having to take her to a specialist. I don’t know how long to wait on that. They say it takes a good six weeks to heal a sprain. She’s been hobbling for four.

Tuesday – Girl Scouts and a Concert

Our Girl Scout meeting was lots of fun this Tuesday. I had the older girls. They each made a hat and scarf for their Buildabears and for some bears we’ll be donating to Toys for Tots this season. They also made ornaments to deliver to the retirement home. We played some games and discussed how poor Ruldoph felt when the others were mean to him! Loves those kind of meetings!

Then, the big event was Kelby’s very first band concert. It was at the high school auditorium with all the 7th and 8th graders from the middle school too. It was such a cute little concert. I even have video. Kelby did very well and enjoyed doing it! She looks so grown up.

DSC_9480

DSC_9482

DSC_9488

DSC_9490

Try this video…

Wednesday – Breakfast and 1st Grade Concert

I wish that all my girl relatives lived close so my mom, sister, and gramma’s could have come to my little breakfast tea party I had yesterday. Great Gramma Wright, Debbie, Heather, and Melissa all came over for breakfast and tea. We had a relaxing time to just eat, hang, and chat. I love to have an excuse to gussy up my table and use my tea cups!

IMG_0452

IMG_0455

Then, Anika had a special concert for the 1st graders that night. She sang lots of songs and even got to read her letter to Santa.

DSC_9514

DSC_9534

Try this video…

Hope you all have a very merry weekend! Love you…Shawna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...