Wednesday, January 17, 2001

Doing Great!

Kelby is doing really well. We were worried for nothing...at least so far. She hasn't gotten sick at all. She slept through the night! The bad thing was that her diaper got so full that it leaked...they are pumping lots of fluids into her. So tonight I'll have to wake her up to change her diaper. She is just getting fluids for now and they will give her her next dose of chemo at about 3:00 pm today. They said that she may start feeling sicker with each dose, so we'll just have to see how it goes. They did an ultrasound on her tummy today. It didn't sound like they could say much about the tumor from the results. I'll have to ask the Oncologist when he comes back in later today. I finally got her to take a nap, so she is currently resting peacefully. Mike is bringing me the digital camera later, so I'll take some pictures. My mom is coming in tomorrow morning, so she and I are going to make a slumber party out of the rest of our stay here at the hospital. We should be able to go home on Friday afternoon if she keeps doing so well. The doctor said that he doesn't expect the recovery time for the surgery and stem cell transplant to be as long as I had thought before. He thinks that recovery from the surgery would be about a week. We don't know when they will do the stem cell transplant until the time gets closer, but the doctor said that the recovery from that has been as fast as two weeks when there weren't any complications. I have been counting on 6-8 weeks for the recovery on the transplant, so 2-4 weeks sounds encouraging. All in all, things are going wonderfully. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...