Friday, January 19, 2001

No Throwing Up!!

Kelby made it through the whole night last night without getting sick!! We thought for sure that she would be worse last night than she was the night before since the bad stuff builds up in the system. So, my mom and I were wonderfully surprised when we put her to bed at 8:00 pm and she didn't wake up again until 5:00 am when they took some blood and I changed her diaper. Then she went back to sleep until 7:45! What an amazing girl! She just has one dose of chemo left for today and then we can head home. She is off for a walk around the hospital with Gramma now. It is amazing how much she is growing and changing through all of this. She is learning new words every day. She is really into "oppsies" and "okay". She keeps saying "yellow" too. Every other word that I say, she copies. There are so many new words that she says, but hasn't quite yet perfected...but that will come with time. A lot of the wonderful nurses and doctors around this hospital are enchanted with Kelby. I don't know how anyone could see her and not fall in love with her anyway. I let them all in on this website, so I have to add a disclaimer...that I don't necessarily know that every "medical" thing that we talk about is exact, so I hope the doctors and nurses don't laugh at us. We just retain as much of the "medical" stuff as we can and hopefully it is accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...