We are so excited to still be at home! For the last 2 chemos Kelby was down at the hospital by the Wednesday or Thursday of the next week...and here it is Saturday and we are still here. Yesterday Mike had to take her down to get a platelet transfusion because her platelet counts went down. That only takes a few hours. She may have to go down later for a red blood transfusion, but hopefully her counts will start going up. Her ANC is still high enough to not worry. So, we are all doing great. We were having a hard time trying to get Kelby to eat, but right now she is working on her second Ego waffle! She must be starting to feel better. I, on the other hand, have caught a cold. So, I am walking around with a mask on and I can't hold or kiss Kelby, so I am a little sad! I'll be okay though. Love you all, Shawna
Saturday, January 27, 2001
Still At Home
We are so excited to still be at home! For the last 2 chemos Kelby was down at the hospital by the Wednesday or Thursday of the next week...and here it is Saturday and we are still here. Yesterday Mike had to take her down to get a platelet transfusion because her platelet counts went down. That only takes a few hours. She may have to go down later for a red blood transfusion, but hopefully her counts will start going up. Her ANC is still high enough to not worry. So, we are all doing great. We were having a hard time trying to get Kelby to eat, but right now she is working on her second Ego waffle! She must be starting to feel better. I, on the other hand, have caught a cold. So, I am walking around with a mask on and I can't hold or kiss Kelby, so I am a little sad! I'll be okay though. Love you all, Shawna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.