Monday, January 7, 2002

Happy New Year! So sorry that I haven't written yet this year! I have been seriously working on my "New Year's Resolution Projects!" We had a wonderful holiday season. I hope you all did too! Kelby has been having a blast playing with all her new toys. Tegan has been changing like crazy. She is rolling all over the place to get where she wants to be. She still hasn't figured out the crawling thing, but why bother when she can get anywhere anyways. Maybe she'll go straight to walking...who knows. She also got another bottom tooth. Man, she can bite hard too! Kelby loves to play with Tegan, but is just a little too rough with her.

On New Year's Day I started painting Kelby's toy room (the huge closet under the stairs). I wanted to make it look like a house inside. It turned out so cute! I included a couple pictures. That took me a couple days. Kelby just loves it. Especially the fireplace. I added a window, a tea cup shelf, potted plant, a mouse hole, a dresser, a decorative border in the "bedroom", and a skylight looking out on the stars. I hope my kids think I am a cool mom when they grow up! My next project was the garage. For some reason I just had to get it cleaned and organized. I rearranged until I was sore. It is much nicer now though. I just love organizing! So, now I am working on my bedroom. I have one wall painted and I am working on a "garden mural" on the other wall (I am just masking off lattice and adding painted ivy so it looks like it is growing up the lattice.) That is still a work in progress. I'll finish it up this week. So, you see, I have been a bit busy lately. The bedroom is my last major project for awhile, so I'll relax a little again. Though, I don't really need to relax because I LOVE doing projects. Next I'll work on my scrapbook again...I am eight months behind!

Kelby has a doctor appointment in Seattle on Wednesday. It has been a long time since she had an appointment. My mom gets to come see us the same day. That will work out great since I'll already be down there for that appointment! Kelby is excited to see Gramma DeeDee! Me too! Kelby has been complaining about a "tummy ache" often lately, so we're going to have the doctor check that out for us. I am not sure if she is just saying that because she has to go number 2...or if she just wants attention and the "warm pillow" that we give her for her tummy. The warm pillow is a bag of rice you warm up in the microwave. Hopefully it is just a normal thing.

Anyways, we are all doing great. I am getting this year started with a bang by getting all these projects done! I love it. Hope you are all doing great!

My Playhouse Project under the stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...