On our way home we got to pick up our puppy! He is just so sweet. He has been a good little boy. Kelby just loves him. Trooper is going to take up some time, but we are going to love it. I am so glad to have the distraction. Once my Mom leaves tomorrow, we'll be back to a "normal" life...and I'll need to keep busy. The most exciting part about getting Trooper was that the breeders decided to give him to us! We just couldn't believe it. They are nice couple. I think they just loved Kelby. We had visited on Thursday and while Kelby played with the puppies, I told them about Kelby. I told them how I had just decided that I was ready for a puppy for Kelby when their litter showed up in the paper the very next day! I had always wanted a Springer Spaniel! So, it was meant to be. They said that they wanted Trooper to be Kelby's wish dog! Isn't that wonderful.
Kelby seems to be doing really well. The sore in her mouth is getting better. She still has some whiney, cranky times, but we aren't sure if something is bothering her or if she's just used to getting her way all the time. It will be interesting to see if we can get back to normal. It is easy to give her anything she wants, but I don't think it is good for her.
Gramma Dee Dee wanted me to tell you how Kelby is so cute. She asked Kelby if she wanted to go see Grampa in Billings and swim in his pool. Kelby says, "Oh, dat would be fun." You just have to hear her voice to understand how cute it is. She says that a lot. She also pretends to read sometimes and she always says, "Once upon a time...sittin' by the door." I really don't know from where that one came. Someone must have read her a book like that...it isn't in any of our books.
Just so she doens't feel left out, I should tell you about Tegan too. She is standing up all the time now! It is so weird to see such a little girl up on her feet. She hasn't taken any steps yet. But I bet she'll be walking by her first birthday on May 8.
Thank you again for checking in on us. We'll spend our next few days getting back to normal. I'll try to keep you all updated on my girl when she says and does cute things. Keep thinking of her whenever you see a happy face! Kelby just got a happy face bean bag chair, volleyball, and lamp! She just loves those happy faces. I have some many around my house that I can't help but smile!
God bless you all!
This is when we went to visit Trooper at the breeder's house.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.