Hello there everyone! Thank you all for checking in on us. I am just so absolutely blessed by the wonderful guestbook entries. We just love it. I have to let you all know that Michael is also a faithful, wonderful man of God and only together are we able to stay strong. I am thankful in everything that we have gone through that we have had each other. I just thought I'd add that since he hasn't gotten a chance to write lately. PS...this website is really his idea and creation from the beginning. I am so thankful that he put it together.
Kelby is doing really well. She went in for a radiation treatment and a CT scan today. That meant that she was under anesthesia for longer. She was almost excited to go into the treatment. She said, "I want to go in there (as she's pointing at the radiation treatment room) and take a nap on you." The nurses said that was a first that any child has been excited for their treatment. So, at least she is getting used to that process. The only problem today was that the anesthesiologist let her wake up too much before they gave her to me, so she got pretty upset again. It is an awful feeling as she hits and yells at me. It is like she has a little demon because she definitely isn't herself. She really wanted to leave afterward, as did I. So finally she calmed down and they let us go. She was fine on the way home after she got to eat a hotdog and some french fries. She is always starving after the treatments because they don't let her eat anything before hand.
They were checking the stability of the tumor with the CT scans to see if it was growing or not. I was surprised, but happy to hear that it didn't look like it had grown too much. That is great because we won't have to go down for treatments over the weekend. Thank You Lord! We need the break. I myself thought that the tumor had grown a bit, but maybe it is just some swelling in the area or something. I am always glad to be wrong in those situations!
I have been trying to keep the afternoons relaxing which is pretty easy since both girls have been needing naps. Tomorrow I get to take the afternoon to do something just for me, so I am pretty excited about that. It has been so wonderful to have meals because I don't have to worry about fixing meals...not to mention go grocery shopping! We have even been getting a great variety! Thanks so much to those MOPS moms (everything has been delicious!)
For some reason I have been really longing to get Kelby some kind of pet. I am allergic to cats and don't want to clean up my backyard after a puppy...yet anyways...so for some reason I decided I wanted to get her a mouse. I know you'll all think I am crazy, but you would have loved to see the look on her face when we put our two new mousies in their new cage. She just loves them! We haven't named them yet, but we'll keep you posted. Even Tegan was excited about them. I hope they survive. I have been trying to fill our days with positive little experiences, so I think this will be fun. Kelby and I planted some seeds yesterday, so that is our other little project. It will be fun to watch them grow.
I just have to tell you this little sweet story about Kelby. A couple weeks ago, the little kids were learning about Jesus in Sunday school and about the empty tomb...of course around Easter time. We were sent home with a "Parent Page." It gave a little recipe to make a biscuit that after cooked was hollow inside...like the tomb. So, I was showing Kelby this little trick the day before yesterday and explaining about Jesus as we went along. You see, you take the store bought refrigerated biscuits and roll one out into a 3 inch circle. You take a big marshmallow...which represents Jesus and wrap it up in the biscuit. That is the tomb. You bake it for about 10 minutes and when you open it, there is an empty spot where the marshmallow used to be. Kelby was very excited. I know she didn't quite grasp the concept, but we had a lot of fun. Especially after I had made the second one...but had forgotten about it...and she came running around the corner yelling, "I want to eat the tomb!" That was pretty silly, but then yesterday I had taken a cheese stick and wrapped it in a piece of ham...and she pointed at the cheese and said, "Is that Jesus?" I wish I could write in the details of the expressions on her face, because that just makes it that much sweeter.
There are always things to be thankful for in our days. I am just so thankful for the opportunity to have our website available on the FamilyFun.com through this contest! It is neat to see people visit our site and leave messages. Kelby's little life gets to touch so many people. I think that our precious Lord has had His hands on us! Good Night!
Friday, April 5, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.