Monday, June 3, 2002

Looking Good!

I know that everyone is wondering how Kelby's scans went today. It was a long morning. We drove down to the hospital at 5:00 in the morning. She had to be under anesthesia this time instead of an easier sedation. That required an extra couple guys to put her under and moniter her. She did just fine. It was about an hour of scans, then after she woke up and ate, we got to head home. I was pretty tired by then. The doctor called this afternoon and said that the scans look good. There is nothing new right now. Her jaw bone seemed to react to the radiation. It sounds like they'll do scans again in three months. Our other doctor will be back in to work on Wednesday and will hopefully call us after he gets to look at the scans too. Thank you for all that praying! I know it is helping.

These last few weeks have been more than a little stressful on me. It was not fear or loss of faith...that gave me stress. Having a suffering child and not understanding the problem was what brought me down. Now I can believe that Kelby's tummy problem is all related to normal constipation. Any mom would be worried about their kids if they were upset like Kelby, even without cancer. Moms just don't like to see their children suffer. I guess I am trying to explain why I have written more mellow, realistic updates lately...in case you've been worried about me. I'm not clinically depressed or anything. I may have lost sight of my positive, peaceful attitude for awhile in the mist of the stress, but I still have faith that God is in control. That's the hard part sometimes, because I like to have control of things myself. Of course, I just make a mess of things when I'm in control, so it's better this way! It's hard to be completely upbeat all the time...and I am just need to be honest with everyone about how hard this can be. I have appreciated everyone's words of encouragement through this time.

So, in the meantime, I am trying to fill our time with easy, fun things for our family to do. This weekend was wonderful. On Saturday I took Kelby out for coffee in the morning...Kelby had ice cream. Then, we went to a lake for a picnic lunch and to watch Michael ride around on a Jet-ski with a friend. Then we had a Bar-B-Que that night. The weather was perfect. On Sunday we made it to church, then relaxed a bit. That evening we went to a beach with some friends for a picnic. Kelby played in the water and LOVED it! We went out to dinner tonight at Kelby's favorite restaurant (Red Robin) to celebrate our good news from today. I'll try to post some pictures from these events later.

Just know that I am feeling much better. Summer is looking up, so we'll have to plan some picnics, camping, and fishing! I'll try to keep busy with the girls. I expect that since things are going so well now with Kelby's health, I won't need to update as often. Please do continue to pray and leave messages in the guestbook though. It means so much to me. God bless you all!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...