Sunday, June 23, 2002

Doing Well Once Again

Hello there everyone. We are doing well now. Kelby is healing up just fine from her dog bite. We've had a good week except Mike and I been battling some serious allergies. Michael is especially having a hard time with his eyes despite all the medications he is taking. The girls don't seem to have a problem thank goodness! We went to the beach on Thursday night for a picnic dinner. It has been nice to get out of the house as a family lately. On Saturday I got to go shopping and out to lunch with some girl friends. That was a much needed break for me. The girls hung out with Daddy all afternoon. Kelby's been wading in her kiddie pool in the backyard a lot lately...the weather has been just beautiful...and a little on the hot side. (I know everyone in Arizona will laugh when they read that!)

Trooper is doing very well now. He'll let us stick our hands in his food while he eats without making a peep. He's come a long way in his obedience in the last week with some extra work by Michael. Kelby constantly hugs him and tells him, "I love you so much Trooper." Can you believe she can forgive him and give him all that undeserved love? I was watching her in the garage the other day while she loved and petted him. It occurred to me that she loves like Jesus. He loves us unconditionally, even when we don't deserve it at all. Trooper doesn't even realize that he did something that hurt her so badly...and he can't appreciate how much she loves him...we are all like that with Jesus sometimes.

The girls and I have been planning Kelby's birthday party. She's turning three years old on Thursday, June 27th. For us, it is a very special thing to celebrate another birthday! I'm trying to think of ways to make it extra special. I think that she's pretty excited about it. We'll be going out to dinner at Red Robin on her actual birthday, of course. Kari and Stephanie, the wonderful ladies in the neighborhood that organized the fundraiser for our family, brought over the money the other day and a gift certificate for Red Robin! They raised about $320 for us! That was just such a thoughtful, kind, and generous thing for them to do. Thank you to everyone that was a part of that. I'm sure Kelby will enjoy her dinner out for her birthday.

PS. For anybody that is wondering...Kelby's tummy seems to be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...