WOW! We have been ever so busy! It was a wonderful week last week. On Sunday we celebrated the our little niece Naomi's first birthday party. The girls played and had lots of fun. I spent the week planning Kelby's birthday party and making some "announcements" to celebrate her making it to this momentous day. I just had to make a big deal over it because it was so important to me. Now that it is all over, I am very glad that I did make it a special event. I think Kelby loved it.
On her actual birthday, the 27th, we took Kelby to a movie and went out for dinner at Red Robin of course. Uncle Zach and Auntie Melissa watched Tegan, so we could take Kelby to that "Lilo and Stitch" movie. She liked it, but was a little bit scared towards the end. We picked up Tegan and went out to dinner. Red Robin was really fun. The whole crew came out and sang her their special "happy birthday" song. She had to wear these great goofy glasses. She was chewing on a chicken strip as they were singing, so it was half-way sticking out. I have never seen anything so funny. She was pretty excited about the sundae and balloons she received. When we got home she opened a present from Gigi & PaPa in Arizona. She got princess panties and a cool art set! She LOVED the panties! That was the first thing she asked for the next morning.
On Friday I went to a speaker's training seminar all day. It was so exciting. I learned a lot. Someday I'd like to tell our story, so this was my first step. The lady explained how to get started. It was a nice chance to do something for myself. That is why I had to get so much planning and preparing for Kelby's party done earlier in the week.
My parents came out for Kelby's birthday. It was great to have them here. My dad and Michael got the stuff and built the neatest swing set for Kelby! She just LOVES it! Of course, now I am forced to push her all day, but I don't mind. The guys did a great job and it seemed to go together really fast. That night we all took the girls to the LoggerRodeo carnival in Sedro-Woolley. There was also a blast of a street dance too! The girls got to stay out really late, and amazingly, they did great.
On Sunday, we didn't make it to church since we all were feeling tired from staying up too late. That's not a very good excuse is it? Anyways, we had a ton to do for the parties that afternoon. I had ten kids over from 3-5 and family over for dinner from 5:30 on. Thank goodness I had my mom to keep my mind straight.
The kids had a great time. I think Kelby thought it was neat. It was all a "happy face" theme. We had them make happy faces out of refrigerated bread dough. They decorated it with raisins and sprinkles. It was allowed to rise during the rest of the party and my mom remembered to put them in the oven so the kids could take them home at the end of the party. We had cake and ice cream next. Of course, they were happy face cupcakes. All the while, the kids played on Kelby's new swing set. Thank goodness the weather cleared up just in time for them to be able to play outside. I think we did the pinata next. I made it myself. It was a little too strong because it took the oldest kid a few good whacks before he could break it open. After a game of pin the tongue on the happy face and a "musical chair" type present game, Kelby got to open presents. I think she loved everything! (We played with everything today and had a great time.) We kept them busy for the whole 2 hours! I think the party was a success. I'm so glad we did it. Most of the kids left...all except the cousins...and then our family came over for dinner.
It sounds like a lot, but it all came together really well. I am glad my mom was my second brain. The hardest part was Mike having to cook the hamburgers and hotdogs. Last time we used the BBQ I had left our BBQ tools inside it...and this time I lit the propane without looking. Needless to say, he had to make due without any BBQ tools! Amazingly, Kelby made it through the whole evening. She had more cake and ice cream, so that's probably what kept her going...not to mention the additional presents she got to open! We took a deep breath at the end of the evening. I looked back and was very happy that I had made such a big deal of Kelby's third birthday.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.