These past days have gone by so quickly. I hardly noticed that I didn't update the website. All was going so well. The Make-A-Wish Radioathon on Thursday the 18th was a blast. Kelby didn't talk into the microphone, but she was with me as I told our story. I hope that they taped the message and if they did, I'll post it on this website when we get a copy of it. My friend Missy, Kelby and I enjoyed a little shopping while we were down near Seattle in that wonderful mall! They even have a "Build-A-Bear" workshop there, so we got some new clothes for Kelby's bear "Hope". Then, last Saturday, Mike and I got to go to a beautiful wedding in Seattle. It was a wonderful, fun escape! The girls stayed with Gramma and Grampa Wright and had a great time too! Then the next week passed with breath taking speed.
This weekend we packed up to go camping Friday night. We found a spot about an hour away and set up camp. After we and our friends got our tents up, the kids were tromping around and apparently ran across a wasp nest. Kelby screamed and I ran to her. She ended up with about 20 wasp stings on her legs, hands, and one on her face. She was the only one to get stung. I panicked right away knowing that Michael had a bad reaction to bees when he was a kid. We had a first aid kit with Bee Sting Relief pads and used that, then I gave her some children's Benedryll right away. I can't believe it, but I had cell phone reception at that campground (no where else around there had service) and I called the consulting nurse. They had us drive home just to be closer to hospital facilities. By the time we got on our way, Kelby had calmed down and was just disappointed to have to leave her friends to go home. She was really looking forward to the roasted marshmellows! Her stings had swollen a bit, but by the time we made it home the swelling was gone. We thought for sure she'd be sore the next morning, but she was none the worse for wear. So, we jumped back in the car and met up with our friends for marshmellows as a mid-morning snack and a little hike. Kelby had fun picking "hunkle berries" with the big kids. We jumped back in the car to arrive home just in time for cousin Riley's third birthday party. Today was a full day! At any rate, all's well that end's well! Can you believe the luck this girl has? Wow...and she handles it all so well. Tomorrow I think we'll spend relaxing at home...just to be safe!
FamilyFun Magazine published my essay in their September issue! I just got my copy today. It is a bit strange to see my name in print...though very exciting. I am so pleased to hear from people that found our website through that magazine! What a blessing. Everyone should go out and pick up a copy of that magazine this month!
God bless you all...sorry no pictures this time. I'll find time soon. The pictures are the most time consuming part of updating.
Saturday, July 27, 2002
Good Grief!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.