Well, it has been another week. I finally have some pictures for you. I don't take pictures with my real camera anymore...just digital...which means I have a ton of them! I can take as many as I want and it doesn't matter. The only thing is that there are a ton to go through. I can never decide which to put on the website.
We are doing well. Kelby got over her stings just fine...well, she may be a little psychologically affected by it. She seems to talk about bee stings all the time now. I caught her talking to her "Woody" doll, telling him he had bees on him and "Don't worry, you're okay."
This week there was a day camp for kids at the church. It was every day from 9 to noon. Kelby liked it accept they had a bug theme...which didn't go over too great after all those stings the weekend before. They gave her a t-shirt...and of course it had a bee right on it. Actually, I don't think the bug theme bothered her that much. She did have bad dreams on Monday night and she mentioned a scary stick. They had learned about Stick Bugs that day, so we think that is what frightened her. Of course she was in the midst of a fever too. She got sick in the middle of the week, so she had to miss a day of camp. Even when she got to go back to the camp, she got too tired to stay through the whole thing. She had fun while she wasn't tired though. Her throat got really really sore. I'm not sure what she had, but it must have been a virus because she gave it to her cousins (sorry!) that were also attending the camp...and who knows how many of the poor other kids got it. (Sorry!) But the week paid off on Friday night. All the little camp kids gave a production for the parents at the church. They sang songs with little hand movements. Kelby didn't sing, but she was right up front where we could see her trying to follow along with the hands. At first we weren't sure she would even go up there, but she did...and once up there she was looking for her friend Michaela...and while all the rest of the kids were quietly listening to the teacher, Kelby shouted, "Where's Michaela, Where's Michaela, Where's Michaela?!" It was just the cutest thing I ever saw. The singing and dancing brought a tear to Michael and my eyes. After the production, there was a hotdog feast to be had. That night, we took the girls to our friends house and left all our kids with a babysitter there so we could all go out to a movie and appetizers. We saw Austin Powers 3 which was really a hoot if you like that sort of movie. I laughed so hard my side hurt.
We had toyed with the idea of going camping on Saturday, but never really got motivated to pack everything up. Instead we planned a short day trip/picnic. We found a little creek for Michael to fish, but we couldn't stay long because we were getting eaten alive. Also, Kelby really freaked out while we were out there. She was terrified of the logs and wouldn't even walk on the trail by herself...she had to be carried. It has to have something to do with the wasp stings. Although the day after the stings, she played all day in the woods with no problem. I hope the fear passes.
Sunday, August 4, 2002
The Sickies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.