Saturday, May 13, 2006

Calming Down...

Well, I'm starting to feel better as I have finished and handed off some of my projects. Yesterday was the Parent Group Teacher Appreciation Luncheon. I shopped and made some food for that, but it is now done. I had posters to a paint for next Friday's dance, but I asked a teacher to have her students do it instead. Now I only have prizes to find for the kids for the walk-a-thon. There are several ladies helping me with the walk-a-thon stuff this year, so it shouldn't be too bad after that.

Kelby was only tired one day this week. On Monday morning she lost control of herself and was standing on the sidewalk at school crying saying she was tired. I decided to take her home and let her sleep. She went back to school after laying down for 2 hours. Other than that, she had been fine. Mike says it has only happened since daylight savings, so maybe she is just waking up too early from the sun. We stil have planned for a blood draw on Monday the 22nd of May. If the counts are still low, they'll sedate her and do a bone marrow biopsy, so hopefully we won't have to do that. That's just done with a needle into the hip bone.

Tegan's birthday was fun. The cousins were over and we had a pinata and let them draw on some little wooden boxes for their craft. I kept it simple. On Monday, her best friend and cousin, Naomi, came over for the day instead of the little party I had planned. They had a good time and she was satisfied. We went out to dinner at Red Robin that night, so they sang to her and gave her ice cream. Then we opened a few presents before bed. She's happy to be five and thinks she's so big now.

I still have a little painting and finishing to do in my family room. Then I have that yard work to look forward to. Mike rototilled me a flower garden space, so I better plant something in it! Those things I can do for fun though without due dates, so that makes it easy.

Hope everyone had a great, relaxing, Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...