Monday, May 22, 2006

Trip to Children's

Our trip to Children's wasn't as good as I hoped. I had myself convinced that her counts were going to be up today, but they cut in half since we checked 16 days ago. We went ahead with the bone marrow biopsy, so she got her dizzy medicine. She was really scared to do it this time, but when she was done she remembered how much she liked it. She came out in a drunk stupor and I was almost jealous. We won't know the results of that for a few more days.

We have an appointment to go back down next week to check her blood again. We don't know what the doctor thinks yet because she had jury duty today. If the bone marrow doesn't show anything I imagine that they'll want to do some scans again.

The nurse practioner and I looked over her bloods counts from the last couple years. As I had thought, it showed that they went down whenever her cancer was active. Her ANC (infection fighting white blood cell count) is down to 722 which is the lowest it has been...except when she was getting chemotherapy.

I wish we knew more. It is possible that it is nothing, but the nurse said she suspected something was going on. I'll keep you up to date as I learn anything more. As always, thank you for your prayers.

On the super bright side...I have a new nephew "Gabriel Manuel Magana" (I hope that is spelled right.) He is an adorable 8 lb 11 oz baby born to my sister Andrea on Saturday afternoon. Maybe she'll let me post his picture soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...