The first thing we did today was to walk a mile or so to the closest tire center and we traded in our old chains for ones that actually fit our van! It was the day we had scheduled to deliver the ornaments to the Country Meadows retirement home. We couldn't let the snow stop us!
The girls like going to that store because they offer free popcorn. This is them walking and eating popcorn on the way home. Mike picked us up so we didn't have to walk the whole way home. I got the chains on all by myself and then powered us out of the garage and into the cul-de-sac. I felt to proud of myself when we were on our way out of the neighborhood. I even had to get out and help push another guy because he was stuck in the middle of the road blocking my way.

After picking up one girl, we made it to Country Meadows just in time to meet up with the Hollopeter family. The girls all timidly handed out their hand crafted ornaments to the residents and then sang a few carols. They are a shy bunch of girls, but the residents loved them and the gifts they were bearing.
This lady was known as "Pinkie" and told us she had a pink Christmas tree. Luckily we had a couple ornaments that would match!
Some of the residents were excited to get hugs!
We came home afterward with one extra friend. The girls all played the Wii together for awhile and then when back outside. We went over to sled again for an hour or so. I brought a book to read this time. The sun peaked out for just a minute before it went down.



I'm always craving soup when I'm out in the snow, so I made some yummy chicken noodle soup for dinner. Umm umm good!
Love your blog Shawna! It's fun to read and also very pretty. It sounds like you guys are really enjoying the Christmas season.
ReplyDeleteIrene Bouma