Tuesday, December 26, 2000
Chemo Round 2
The day after Christmas we headed back down to the hospital. It was hard to see them hook Kelby back up to those tubes, but it didn't even faze her. She did really good this time. I think it was because she got to be out of the hospital for a while. The first round of chemo was right after one whole week of poking and prodding to figure out what was wrong. She played with her new toys…especially the doctor kit. We got to walk around the hospital. She cheers up all the other little kids there. She loves to ride in a little plastic car they have there. I drove her around and around the hospital. The time went by pretty fast. She quit eating though. Who really wants to eat hospital food anyway? She even slept well at the hospital this time…except when they wake her to take her temperature and blood pressure. The doctor said she was doing really amazingly in handling the chemo. She was smiling almost the whole time. She dances in the hallways and makes all the doctors and nurses fall in love with her. We give all the glory to God for her strength. We know that so many people are praying for her and that makes the difference! She is an amazing girl. Now we'll wait at home for the next few days and hope that she doesn't get a fever. Her counts will be going down so we'll be home bound for a while. I think that she already has a bit of a cold, so we will just have to see what happens.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...


No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.