Thursday, May 9, 2002

Tegan's First Birthday!!!

I just can't believe that Tegan is already a year old! This year went by so fast. Tegan is such a sweetie. She is taking a couple steps now, but still not walking. I think it will be no time before she's walking all around. We'll be having a family birthday party for her on Saturday, but last night the four of us went out to dinner.

Kelby has been going through a serious constipation problem. I am doing just about everything I can. Last night, she finally went a bunch. I'll keep her on everything until she's normal though. And even then, I don't think I should stop giving her stuff because she just continues to have this problem. It has been the worst it has ever been this last week and a half. She has been in a lot of pain. She gets "tummy aches" and then it really hurts when she goes. The amazing thing is that she has learned to go on the potty! I'd say she is fully potty trained now. She'll wear panties all day anyways; We still have to work on nighttime.

This last weekend was hard on me. It may have had a lot to do with Kelby's pain with this problem, but I have been very teary. I have just had a heavy heart. We watched the movie KPAX the other night and I cried through the entire thing...it wasn't even that sad of a movie...it just had mellow music. For some reason I feel better now. I think that it is probably healthy for me to cry like that sometimes. We may get to have Kelby's scans done a little earlier than we thought. I had to reschedule because we are planning to go to Billings for Memorial Day. It ended up that we might be able to get the scans on May 20th. I am anxious to see the results. Hopefully I'll be able to relax a little because they'll look good.

We did some visiting with Gramma Debbie and Grampa George this weekend. Kelby has a fun time over there. Whenever we go over there, she thinks there will be eggs hiding in the backyard! She remembers that from Easter. Gramma sends her hunting for dandylions instead! Gramma Debbie always tells the girls stories about little mice. Kelby just loves it. I know this because the other night when we were at home, Kelby held out her little hand cupped ever so gently, and she told me she had a little mousey in her hand. With her other hand she gently stroked the invisible mouse with her finger. It was so cute. Then, she gave her hands an excited shake and she said with a very concerned look on her face, "Oh no, I shaked of the mousey!" It is amazing what kids will pick up. Grampa George always used to play a game with Kelby where he would hide things in her "ear." Do you know the game? "Where'd it go? Oh, there it is...in your ear." So, now whenever I am looking for something, Kelby will say, "It's in my ear!"

I am so glad that I have all these funny little stories of Kelby documented! She is a funny girl. I suppose all kids are just as cute, but my Kelby is extra special. The weather is beautiful here today, so I better get out and enjoy it for awhile.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...