Saturday, May 4, 2002

Wow, It's May!


Well, it has been a while since I last updated! Sorry about that. We are just doing so well. We went out to see the Skagit Valley Tulips on Tuesday evening. Kelby really loved that! It sure is beautiful in the fields as you can see from the pictures. Most of the other fields had already been cut because we waited so long to go out there. We had to avoid the crowds and traffic. For those of you that don't know...this area is known for their tulips and daffodils. They have a "Tulip Festival" that brings everyone up to see the vast fields of flowers. I am glad that we got Kelby out there before they were all gone! The bad part was that on the way home, Tegan got really sick and threw up all over. She ended up being sick the whole night, but was fine by morning. I thought that it was just something she ate, but Mike and I ended up getting it about two days later. Kelby hasn't gotten it yet, so I just pray that she doesn't.

I feel like I am just getting a handle on life again...at least the normal everyday stuff anyways. I haven't been visiting much with my friends lately, so hopefully I'll get a chance to do more of that in the coming weeks. I have been doing a little work out in the yard. Kelby loves the picnic table that I made, because she likes to eat outside now when it is nice. The table is actually two benches that turn into one picnic table (I just mention that so you understand the picture below). Two for the price of one!

The other day when Kelby got up in the morning, the first thing she said was, "I getta go to Dismeyland?" It is just so cute. Then, we were in the car yesterday and she said, "We getta go to Dismeyland, and touch the water? And go on the rockets, and the elephant ride?" Can you believe she remembers all those fountains? Since we won the contest, we are planning to go in September. If something happens with Kelby's health, maybe we'll go sooner, but for now we are planning to wait. She seems to be just fine right now. I suppose we'll have a better idea after her scans. They are planned for May 28th.

Man, that Kelby really does love that Trooper. I am so glad that we got him. He is really starting to learn. The advice for puppy training has been useful! He already understands "sit" and the nipping has really cut down. I think he is a happy boy. The other night, I was cooking dinner and I heard Kelby laughing. She had gone out in the garage all by herself to play with Trooper! I am glad we took the mice back and opted for a puppy. I found a tag for Trooper that actually has a happy face on it, if you can believe it.

We are all hanging in here. Please pray that Kelby doesn't get this bug that we have had around here. She is as happy as can be! Love to you all. ~Shawna


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...