I know that you will all be glad to get another update from me, so I am not outside mowing my lawn like I should be. We had an interesting weekend. I had planned to have family over for Tegan's "birthday" on Saturday afternoon, but she woke up from her nap with 101.5 temperature. We figure that it was a sinus infection because she's had a bit of a green nose for quite some time now. She just wasn't herself the last few days. Her temp got up to 105.5! The temp came back down, but we aren't sure it was the sinus infection that caused the fever. She is just fine today. I took both girls in to the doctor yesterday. Tegan, for her one year baby check up and shots, and Kelby about her tummy ache problem. Tegan is a little small for her age. The doctor want me to get some tests (blood and urine) done on her just to make sure we aren't missing anything on her. She only weighs 16 pounds six ounces! She's still four pounds from being able to face forward in her carseat (which you are supposed to be able to do at age one.) Kelby seems to doing better now, but I am worried about the constipation problem coming back. She holds her bowl movements for three days at a time. Her doctor thinks that this is all part of a normal childhood issue with potty training. I guess that kids will hold back if they don't want to go in their panties, which makes the poop get harder and more painful. That would make sense since this all started about the same time that Kelby started wearing panties.
We had a happy Mother's Day! We went out to the beach. Trooper came too. It has been beautiful weather. We enjoyed the water and a nice walk. Tegan was feeling better, so she did fine. We had planned to go to the zoo, but didn't really feel like the drive. Plus, I wanted to get home to play with my Mother's Day present! Mike got me a really cool video game. I am sure you're all thinking it is crazy that I would love a video game, but it is so cool. It makes you dance. Plus, it is a great work out. It is called Dance Dance Revolution. You watch arrows on the screen and you have to move your feet on a floor pad to the beat! Wow, it is so hard! This is how Mike and I are going to exercise from now on. The game even counts the calories you burn. Kelby thinks it's fun too, although she is just pretending to play. Mike even got me the Disney version too! Now we can dance with Mickey and Donald...Kelby really loves that!
I found out today that Kelby's scans won't be until June 3rd. We'll be back from our trip to Billings by then. We are very excited to go to Billings; my brother and sister will be there! Don't worry...I'll bring my Dance Dance Revolution game so we can all play!
Since we couldn't have everyone over on Saturday for Tegan's birthday, we had them over last night for dinner and cake. The girls LOVED the cake. Kelby was just waiting ever so patiently for the "green" ice cream we could have with the cake. She just can't get enough mint chocolate chip ice cream. It has even become a source of conflict!
I have added a ton of pictures today. I hope that it doesn't take a long time to load this page. My kidos are just so cute, that I can't help but show them to you.
By the way, Kelby's invisible mouse likes to sit on her shoulder and eat cheese now! She is just so cute. I always had quite the imagination when I was a little girl, so I have fun pretending with her. I'm going to sign off for today. I need to learn to write more often, so I don't have so much to write about at once! God bless you all. We love you all and appreciate all of your prayers!
Tuesday, May 14, 2002
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.