Tuesday, May 11, 2004

Before the Relapse...

There was so much that I needed to post on the website before Kelby's cancer came back. This update is for April even though I am writing it in May. Time was just getting away from me before, but now I NEED to take time to think about some of those fun things we had done lately. I NEED to write down things down because I have such a bad memory.

Anika is growing bigger and bigger. I was worried about her weight there for awhile and whether she was getting enough breast milk. I guess she's just a little girl...just like Tegan was. I don't know how I made such little girls when I come from a family of Amazon People.. :) ...you know...everyone is over 6 feet tall! Oh well, maybe they'll be cheerleaders some day. Anika is sleeping great through the night and is so easy during the day now!

We had a lovely Easter. We went over to Gramma and Grampa Wright's house after church. The cousins all had an Easter egg hunt in their woodsie back yard. The girls and I dyed some eggs together the night before. They love that part of the festivities.

Then...of all things...we got a dog. We weren't expecting to get a dog at all...though Michael and I had just started talking about it more. Kelby loves animals so much and had been asking for a pet. Mike saw this little mutt while he was working at the Burlington police department, but he already had a home. Mike told them to call him if he didn't work out with that lady...so they did. He is sooo cute. He is a little dauchshound mix dog, so he won't grow any bigger. The girls love him, I love him. It has worked out great.

I have redecorated my livingroom. It got painted, new furniture, rearranged and everything! The walls are a light green and a yellowy tan...and I will be putting in one small dusty blue accent wall. It looks great...so clean and fun. The downstairs has need something for awhile. Now my walls are a little bare because I haven't found anything to replace all my woodsie bear and moose decor. I had a garage sale the last weekend in April and made some money off it all. I guess we got a new look for a new season in our lives. I enjoy it and it make me feel peaceful.

Well, that is about all that I can remember from April. Of course at the end of the month, Kelby started not using her arm very much. That lead into our discovery that her cancer was back. I may try to update this site on occasion while I update Kelby's
site. That way I can still get some pictures of Anika and Tegan online. I got a new digital camera, so I should be taking lots of pictures and video! (Don't get your hopes up too high...but I'll do my best." Here's some pictures from April to tide you over.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...