Sunday, July 15, 2001
Still No July Button!
Can you believe that there is still no July button? Mike just has other things on his mind I guess. Anyways, it is finally raining today. This is the Seattle weather I was missing. You know, sometimes I am just in the mood for rain. Gramma was noticing Kelby's bandaid...and yes, she does get a boo-boo here and there. Her system seems to be working just fine though, because she has healed from every boo-boo just fine! I am really careful to clean and take care of any scratches, so maybe that is why she is doing fine. She is just being a normal kid, and those boo-boo's seem to happen. The appointment on Friday was for a checkup and blood counts. They think she is doing great. Her weight is doing just fine. Her blood counts are hanging out around 650...hopefully they'll work there way up for good. I asked the Doc when to expect that Kelby can go to the children's church or MOPS, and he said that six months from transplant she should be good enough to handle the viruses and things that she'd be exposed to there. That means her counts should be normalized by November. She is fine to go to the mall and things already. I can take her around kids that I know are healthy. It is okay to take her to the park too. The doctor said to just keep her from putting yucky things in her mouth. I have to wash her hands a lot.
Also, Kelby's doctor said that the radiologist's actual findings from Kelby's scans said she was looking much better. Kelby's doctor had originally just looked at the scans himself and thought they looked about the same and for sure not worse. The radiologist thought though that the bones where solidifying more which is a better sign that the activity in the bone is healing. I was excited to here that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.