Saturday, June 23, 2001
Empty House
Well, all our company has gone home now. Thanks so much for all the help you guys! We had fun with Gramma DeeDee and GiGi. Kelby REALLY enjoyed her Grammas! We have a few days off and then, it sounds like Gramma DeeDee and Grampa Greg and Aunty Andrea may get to come for a couple days for Kelby's second birthday on this Wednesday. It will sure make the day special if they get to come. (By the way, Andrea...Kelby sees your picture in the stairwell now and says "Bye, Bye Andrea" as we walk her down the stairs!) The girls are a little "spoiled" now though since there were extra hands around to take care of them both...now it is just me again...and whatever will I do? :)
Kelby had her scans done yesterday, but we haven't heard yet what they think of them. We will probably hear next week. She is doing great. I asked the doctor about when we could take the IV catheter out and they said that they generally wait for 6 to 12 months before they take them out. That didn't sound too great to me. Right now she still needs it because they will take her blood each time we have a check up to test her blood counts. They also have to inject her when she gets scans (every three months). Other than that she doesn't need the catheter unless the cancer reappears. Once she doesn't have to get her blood drawn so often, I still think it would be better to have the thing out. It is a source of possible infection for one thing. Plus, Kelby just hates to have her dressing changed. I think that she would prefer to get the poke once every 3 months than to have to change the dressing every other day. We just want to do what is best for Kelby, so we'll see what happens when she doesn't have to have her blood drawn so often. We are just always on top of asking the doctors questions. I don't think that they get asked things like this very often because most parents just go with the flow...I guess we are difficult patients. I still think it is better to ask and get the whole truth before just doing it. If they can really tell us that it is better for Kelby, then by all means, let's leave it in!
So, things are all really great right now. Kelby is acting just like a normal kid now. She has her second birthday on Wednesday and it is going to be a VERY special day for us! (We are having a VegieTales theme!) So, send up some prayers of thanks for us on her day! We are so thankful she has made it this far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.