Saturday, April 14, 2001

Just Waiting for the Surgeon

Kelby is doing just GREAT! She was playing a lot last night and we even got out of the room and walked around...she walked too! I don't think that she is really in all that much pain at all. We have been alternating morphine and tylenol and she is doing fine. Actually, she hasn't had any morphine at all since 8:00 or so this morning. She is napping right now. She does have a little gas pain once in awhile. She has had some explosive gas...which is a good sign. She pooped (nice...more than you all need to know I'm sure) and that makes us one step closer to going home. I really think that she would do fine at home with just some tylenol...but I am waiting for the surgeon to visit us to let us know what to expect. She ate yogurt, milk and cheerios for breakfast...and some more cheerios at lunch. I think that she would scarf down a ton of toast and oatmeal, but they won't let her eat real food yet... .again...waiting for the surgeon's word. She really surprises me at how well she has bounced back. She walked around again this morning and didn't want to stop. It will be 2 weeks before the transplant stuff starts. They will be contacting me soon about a schedule. They have to wait at least 2 weeks after a surgery just to make sure that she doesn't have any kind of problems before getting some pretty harsh chemotherapy. We are doing great and hopefully Kelby will be going home today or tomorrow. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...