Tuesday, April 24, 2001

Who Know's What's Going On?

Well, we sure don't know what is going on. Yesterday we found out that we are not actually starting Kelby's transplant process on Wednesday. They have us scheduled for a whole bunch of meetings for a whole week at least before they give us a start date. We are very upset by the lack of information. It is the fault of the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, not Group Health. We are switching into their system now. I guess that is why we have to jump through a bunch of hoops before things get going. Sounds like we have to meet with a bunch of people and take some classes. We won't be admitted until later...probably next week, so we'll be driving down to Seattle everyday (except this weekend). Then, we also found out that this Seattle Cancer Care Alliance wants us to live within 30 minutes of them (even in peak traffic) for 2 months AFTER Kelby is released from the Hospital. We have no idea how to do that. Plus, that just seems miserable! It is for them to be able to check her blood counts and things. Hopefully we can get transferred back to Group Health after she is out of the hospital so they can help us deal with all that stuff instead. They know us better there and what we can handle. The Seattle Cancer Care Alliance people were supposed to send us information last week about what is going to happen, but have yet to see it. So, we really don't know what kind of schedule we are looking at here. Although one thing is sure, we won't be starting the transplant until a week later than we thought...which means this baby is going to be born long before Kelby is out of the hospital. I had been having contractions this weekend...but I didn't want to tell everyone because I don't want you all to worry about me. They weren't painful contractions....but they were 5 minutes apart. I went into the birthing center, but I wasn't dilated at all, so they weren't worried about me. I went to the OB yesterday...he said that I am probably won't make it to May 21st for the "birth"day. No worries though...they baby will be fine if born now. We just don't know where I'll be to have the baby. I am carrying my records with me everywhere and I just have to go to the nearest hospital when the time comes. I am not having as many contractions now...just every once in awhile. They must just be Braxton-Hicks contractions. On the positive side....Kelby is doing absolutely great! She is eating like a big piggy. She is finally accepting new and different foods. She loves that chicken and eats tons of it. She has even been eating cooked carrots and green beans! She is really really loving to play with balls. When the weather is nice she HAS to be outside the entire day. Mike has set up a crochet set in the yard...and Kelby LOVES the crochet balls. Since it was rainy the last 2 days, she had to have the crochet ball inside to tide her over. This weekend Mike and his Dad got a patio poured in the backyard. We enjoy being outside too. Playing outside. Sleeping

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.

To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.

Summer 2015

This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...