Saturday, April 28, 2001
Thankfulness
First of all...I just really want to say Thank You to so many of you that have sent money in to the Kelby Wright Fund. There has just been a continous outpouring of support and we just appreciate it so much. I know that there are many to thank and we don't know who you are, so this is the most I can do, though I'd like to do more. I am sure many don't get a chance to check our website, so I am sad that they won't hear my thank you. I hope that somehow everyone out there knows how much we appreciate the love and support that we have received. As we travel down to Seattle and have to stay there for this next long period, we are thankful more and more for the money that can be used for gas, food, and all the other things that add up so quickly. Because I have heard that many want to know how to help, here is the address to the fund:
We have been down in Seattle everyday for the last three days. It was very informative. They are trying to get all the meetings and tests done so that we can hopefully start Kelby's treatment on Friday May 4th. We met with the doctor, nurse, social worker, dentist, financial coordinator, and child-life specialist in the last three days. They have kept us busy and are getting us prepared for what is ahead.
The one thing that I have come to realize the most through these meetings is just how well Kelby has done so far! It is hard sometimes to see the blessings that we have had through this whole process. So many that we have talked to are amazed at how well Kelby has come through this first phase over that last five months. She came through with so little side effects...there are so many things that could have gone wrong that didn't. She didn't need the IV nutrition until the end...many kids need it right away. She bounced back so quickly and didn't get any infections. She remained so happy through all of this. Not every child is as blessed as she has been. Hopefully she will have the same strength through the stem cell transplant process too.
We are also appreciating the insurance that we have through this. Not only has the coverage been excellent, but the treatment we have received from them has been phenominal. With Group Health, they are the insurance company and hospital in one. Which to some may not seem the greatest, but to us it has been great! We realize this more now that we are in a different system/hospital. They are efficient...which keeps Kelby from getting needless tests and wasting time. They take good care of you and are much more flexible because they are a smaller system. It is just one more thing that we are continually thankful for.
I am just so proud of my daughter because she brings smiles to all the other cancer patients at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance by shouting "I love you" through the halls. She has the happiest spirit I have ever seen.
We are so thankful that Kelby is a normal kid right now. Actually, she is probably better than a normal kid (especially in our eyes!) We are enjoying every moment of being home. We want things to get started in her treatment, but every day that we are home is one more beautiful day to enjoy. We know that all that we are thankful for comes from God. We appreciate everyone of your prayers because we know that they have made an incredible difference. Thanks to everyone that is checking up on us and thanks for the guestbook messages! We love you all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.