Hello Everyone. Kelby turned seven years old today. Wow, I'm proud to be her momma. She has matured in to an appreciative little lady. She was so thankful and happy with all her presents this year. It was such a huge difference to see her really thank other people without me having to tell her. When I gave her the card that Gigi & Papa sent, her concern was, "But how am I going to say thank you?" I guess we'll have to have her call them tomorrow.
It was a beautiful day for a party. We had a "Cars" themed day with all the goodies from the movie. She just LOVES that movie. Grandma took all us girls to it on Saturday. She got a copy of her favorite book from the movie as a gift and she was so excited. The cousins all played in the pool this afternoon. We had a big lunch with hot dogs of course (Kelby ate three) and an ice cream cake. Yum! Then for dinner she choose to go to McDonalds. I was rooting for Red Robin, but she opted for the Happy Meal and playing on the jungle gym there.
Every morning we get up Kelby gives the countdown for when Gramma DeeDee has to leave. She's sad and says, "Gramma, you only get to stay ____ more day(s)." She's even appreciated Gramma more this time. We have to take her to the airport tomorrow afternoon. The week has flown by. We have packed a lot into it!
And by "packing a lot into it" I mean...we bought all new furniture for my front livingroom, a truck, and a minivan this weekend! Actually, it sounds worse than it was. It was all stuff we really needed, but never got around to. Since Gramma was here to watch the girls we were able to do it. The furniture I got at a estate sale store. I got two swivel rockers, a recliner, and a couch (all very comfortable) for $300! It was a miracle. I have needed furniture for three months and they just happened to have all this matching furniture the one time I made it out there. The store is in Anacortes which is about 30 minutes away. We only went because we wanted to take Gramma to the beach. Mike has always wanted a truck and he found just the right one. Then when we were picking up the truck, we saw the perfect van on the same lot. We got a good deal on it and it has so much more room and updated features. Now I need to sell two cars at one time!
We also visited the church pool twice while Mom has been here. It has been very hot. She was hoping to cool down here, but it was hotter because we don't have air conditioning here! At least it was cooler today.
Kelby seems to be feeling pretty good these days even without taking a nap, so that makes me feel better too. However I am dealing with a nasty case of allergies or else I have a cold right now. I think I'll go to bed early today.
Summer is off to a great start, but I hope it doesn't fly by as fast as this last week has.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.