Thursday, February 8, 2001
Cry Baby
Well, it wasn't Kelby that was a cry baby today, it was me. Mike had offered to come down last night and take over for me, but I didn't let him. I wish I had. I am way over exhausted. This was a hard day on me and busy for Kelby. I just haven't caught up on my sleep for awhile. We woke up early this morning. I let her lay down with me between 5:30 and 7:00 am. Kelby watched TV, but I tried to cat nap. They had to give her some radioactive gunk at 8:00 that helps them to see the cancer spots on her bone scan. At 8:30 they put a tube in her nose that went down to her stomach. They had to do that to make her drink the "contrast" that they had to give her. That stuff was to help them see her insides better on the CT scan. Watching them put that in was very hard for me to see. Kelby did pretty good with it. She even took a little nap with it in. Around 10:30 they came and got us to take her down to get sedated for her scans. They put the sedetive in through the nose tube. I held her for a long time while she fell asleep. At that point I was so tired that I started crying (for no specific reason). When I finally got to put her down for the tests, I had to get away. Everyone was worried about me, but I am really okay. Mostly I was super tired...and sometimes it just feels good to cry. I got myself a decaf mocha and some cookies and I started feeling better. Michael came to rescue me. George brought him down so that he can take me home tonight. I don't think he really needed to do that, but I am thankful. It snowed here last night and the roads are if-y, so he was especially worried about me. We get to leave her tonight at about 6:00 pm...just after the traffic dies down. Mike is going to bring her back down tomorrow for a heart scan. They wanted us to stay overnight, but the scan isn't until 1:00 pm, so I didn't want to sleep at the hospital just for that. We would always rather sleep at home if we can. The drive isn't as bad as not sleeping in your own bed. I feel like I need to sleep for the entire weekend. Kelby is now feeling fine. She doesn't really have a problem with this type of chemo. We should find out more about the general plan after the doctors have a chance to review the scans that they did today.
The best part about this trip to the hospital was a balloon that Kelby found. It was left behind by another little kid. She saw it and shouted "ba-loo, ba-loo, ba-loo". It is so cute. She carries it all around with her like it is a pet on a leash. It was the first thing that she asked for in the morning. It will last awhile because it is one of those mylar balloons. Pretty cheap entertainment I'd say!
So, we are doing good. Don't worry too much about me. I'll feel better after I get some sleep. Kelby is doing great and that is what matters. I have another OB appointment on Monday, so I'll see how things are going with this pregnancy. I am sure I am fine. Just keep praying for us all. Thanks so much! God Bless, Shawna
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.