Monday, February 26, 2001
Shameless Plug
Greetings. Due to some recent job-related developments I am reviving Mikrowiz. For those of you who don't already know, Mikrowiz is a side business that I have run for the past few years, doing custom computer sales, computer repair, and computer networking. Things have been a bit slow starting the company that I currently work for so in order to help subsidize my salary (which is all my own idea) while things are getting organized, I have decided to go back into business for myself. You can find the details of the services I'm offering and pricing at http://www.mikrowiz.com. Even if you don't need any services at this time, I'll be posting some Windows tips on at least a weekly basis, so you can check the Mikrowiz website to learn something new every once in a while. If you or anyone you know is banging their head against their keyboard because of computer problems, or are just ready for an upgrade or new computer, have them check out the website and e-mail me or give me a call. The busier I can stay now, the more I'll be able to help during Kelby's recovery from surgery and her stem cell transplant, not to mention Shawna's recovery from delivering a new baby in 3 months. For those of you who have wanted to help, keeping the above website in mind when somebody says, "I've got this problem with my computer that..." is one way you can help. Don't worry though, we are not in any kind of financial trouble. My current employer has been more than understanding and generous while we've been focused on Kelby. Things have just been a little slow so I want to help him out by letting him off the hook for the amount I can generate for myself so that I don't bleed him dry while he tries to get a new business running. And, although I have confidence that he'll succeed, it will cover my backside at the same time. Thanks for helping me spread the word around Northwestern Washington about Mikrowiz!
Also, be looking for this website to move to http://www.mikrowiz.com/kelby in the coming days. The bandwidth there is a little better, and it has 5 times the storage space so for logistical reasons I'm going to relocate the Kelby Update site. I will put a link through to it from here, but once the move takes place you'll want to update your bookmarks. More on that later though.
By the way, there isn't much to update on Kelby as she is doing great. She's happy as a clam eating, drinking, and playing at home. It has been nice not to hear anything from any doctors for a few days, and not have to draw her blood so we can pretend like we're a normal family for a weekend. Tomorrow is a tumor board where the oncologists and surgeons will review her progress to decide if she's ready for surgery now or if she'll need to go through another course of chemo first. We're hoping for the former as we just want that thing out of there, though it is important that it is small enough so that it's safe to perform the surgery. We'll keep you posted of course.
Mike
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Summer 2015
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
This is how we roll… Summer has been full of studying for me, working for Mike, Kelby, and Tegan, and hanging out for Anika! We have spent ...
-
You don’t hear from me directly very often. Usually I’m just a mention in one of Shawna’s posts, but today I thought I’d hijack an entry to...
-
Welcome to 2009. Can you believe it? Do you have any New Years resolutions? The girls and I have been talking about ours. We've decided ...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love to hear from you! Thank you for commenting.
To post a comment you'll have to click "Select profile..." next to where it says "Comment as:" below your post. Choose "name/URL" to sign with your name. You can leave the URL blank.